Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 02:48 PM

5,691 posts, read 2,618,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
You didnt know? Covids come out at night and hunt people down after 10pm.
LOL.
Stormgirl said a similar comment a few months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 02:56 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
Just google some photos, there have been a ton of mass gatherings over the weekend. They're fine. But also, OMG, we're heading into a second wave and it's the schools' fault, let's shut them down. (BTW the schools themselves are testing like mad and have a like 1% positivity rate, less than the neighborhoods around them).
I’ll go ahead and mark Cuomo and DeBlasio down as “In their house, science isn’t real”.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:04 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,721,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
.. everyone will eventually get COVID.
Today, November 11th,
278,312 COVID-19 have been reported for New York City and 24,087 deaths

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

So looking at this case number 278,312 it's less than 1% of the population

The NYC population is 8,336,817

One percent would be 83,368.

Ten times that, 10% would be 833,681

So it is highly unlikely everyone will eventually get COVID.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:28 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Hey your the one who said you don't go to bars or restaurants.
You just pointed out your vacation got cancelled this year but what about the peoples jobs and lives got cancelled this year. You may be complacent and as you say, not cry over it. But others aren't and believe in sticking up for themselves and their lives. You want to live in a world like that by all means go right ahead but I will keep fighting the good fight.
People have a hard time accepting what they don't understand. What is this with needing to show sympathy 24 hours a day? Any conscious human does not want to see ill will on their fellow man. And clearly we have plenty of unconscious people out here because I don't see how hard it is to wear your mask on public transportation and in a place of business. And wash your hands. Keep your distance. Simple things.

You guys are putting your trust in politicians who have never dealt with a pandemic. And you guys think they're supposed to nail it the first time! I think it's quite pathetic.

Even to this day, car makers recall cars for BS all the time. Doesn't anybody think to themselves, well we've been building cars for what, 100 years? Shouldn't the art of car-making pretty much be perfected by now (aside from electric)?

But politicians, who've never ever ever dealt with a pandemic in their political careers, you guys want them to be wizards. Pretty naïve aspirations.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-11-2020, 05:30 PM

Truth be told they should have did absolutely nothing. So you guys could complain about how they did nothing.

As I get older, I'm starting to realize less is more.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:34 PM

5,691 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Truth be told they should have did absolutely nothing. So you guys could complain about how they did nothing.

As I get older, I'm starting to realize less is more.
See this is exactly what I'm getting at your calling people complainers and whiners. Since when is speaking up for yourself complaining.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
See this is exactly what I'm getting at your calling people complainers and whiners. Since when is speaking up for yourself complaining.
U spinnin it

Old 11-11-2020, 05:37 PM

37,174 posts, read 39,451,107 times
So some countries did a strict nationally coordinated lockdown, greatly increased their use and availability of PPE, and made sure their testing abilities were able to have massive throughput, instead of our national strategy of **** around and find out. Who's really surprised by this? How much backwash did we get from other states do you think happened?

Old 11-11-2020, 05:38 PM

Instead of calling it a complaint, then let's call it an "I spoke up for myself."

Old 11-11-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
So some countries did a strict nationally coordinated lockdown, greatly increased their use and availability of PPE, and made sure their testing abilities were able to have massive throughput, instead of our national strategy of **** around and find out. Who's really surprised by this? How much backwash did we get from other states do you think happened?
All praise due to Taiwan

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City