Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 11:14 PM

22 posts, read 17,587 times

Advertisements

Loud music 3am saturday night, dad got cancer cant rest report on 311 and nypd just closed the case within 5 min and didnt even check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 09:12 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
Loud music 3am saturday night, dad got cancer cant rest report on 311 and nypd just closed the case within 5 min and didnt even check
Yes. They lie about it. I used to report a neighbor that had a party every Saturday night. They would claim they came and no noise was found. One time I was actually in front of my building and they claim they came at that exact time. Only I was downstairs for a while and they they never showed up.
If this is an ongoing issue I suggest you look up your local precinct information. Contact the sergeant.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:34 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
You guys vote for Democrats. This is the city you choose. According to your Democrats, this type of situation should be dealt with by social workers, not the police. How come deBlasio did not send you social workers to help you? And would have social workers have helped?

Old 02-14-2021, 09:46 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You guys vote for Democrats. This is the city you choose. According to your Democrats, this type of situation should be dealt with by social workers, not the police. How come deBlasio did not send you social workers to help you? And would have social workers have helped?
Excuse me but you guys?
First off I'm not a guy and secondly I didn't vote for a Democrat. So stop with your nonsense.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:54 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Excuse me but you guys?
First off I'm not a guy and secondly I didn't vote for a Democrat. So stop with your nonsense.
It’s not personal or directed at you. I am going by the fact that the vast majority of New Yorkers vote for Democrats reflexively. “You guys” were addressed to the OP and most of the readers of this thread, whom are presumably New Yorkers.

Anyway, none of what I said in that post was nonsense.

Old 02-14-2021, 12:18 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Hate to break it to you, but cops are definitely not risking their careers over noise complaints in 2021.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-14-2021, 12:58 PM

1,486 posts, read 987,556 times
Quote:
This is to be expected. I had the same issues when I lived in the projects. Unless you say gun they wont show up.

I moved, now any loud noise after 10pm is an infraction. I sleep like a baby

Old 02-14-2021, 01:07 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Back when I lived in the Inwood section of Manhattan, two young boys moved directly below the apartment below mine and I had such a hard time with their partying and loud noise. The apartment was their first one alone and they just had to go all out. They’d put their video games on extremely loud, throw parties during the weekday all the way from 10pm to 6am and basically fight and have very loud conversations all night long.

It was a problem for me because I worked full time and was doing my masters in the evening. I wouldn’t get home until 10pm and really needed to sleep.

Anyway, I put in several complaints to 311 and they would close out the ticket in about five minutes. So one day, after having my ticket closed with no response, I decided to call and complain directly to the desk sargeant. Well lo and behold about a half hour later, two very angry cops knocked on my door and asked me in a very nasty way why is it that I complained to the desk sargeant. I told them because they didn’t do anything about the noise in which they said they had. They both literally lied because the noise was going on. Yet, those two were so angry with me that I actually felt like I was the one who would be arrested. Instead I just closed the door and they went away (with the freaking loud music still playing). It wasn’t until months later that I read a news article about an older woman being arrested for calling 311 over a complaint that was never solved.

Oh look, I found the article:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.2089172

Old 02-14-2021, 01:13 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Anyway, here is how I got rid of the noise: I videoed the noise and the time of night, and uploaded the video on YouTube and sent the link to my landlord. I told him that I will file a court complaint if they do not do something about this tenant. Well, that sure solved the problem! Within months of me doing this, the two boys received a notice to vacate the apartment due to being a nuisance. Thanks to no help from 311.

Old 02-14-2021, 01:16 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
I used to have this problem all the time. You need to fight back.

I purchased a boat horn....one of those air cans used on the soccer field or in a marine harbor. I would go upstairs and point it right at their door or the ceiling from my apartment. WAIT until early in the morning or train them like puppies. They make noise...you SHAKE and RATTLE their apartment with a boat horn.

I tried talking writing letters 311 all that nonsense. NO ONE will want to get involved.

Most calls to 311 lead me to believe an investigator would be dispatched......the next day or soon after. Laughable. This is when Doomsberg was still mayor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: