Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 12:05 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,908,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
LBJ has some of the best democratic quotes of all time.
One of the last White Politicians allowed to be racist to your face.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:16 PM

1,399 posts, read 894,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
One of the last White Politicians allowed to be racist to your face.
He got away with it because he had a D next to his name. Same goes for biden. Lengthy career of doing racist things but it's all good because be wears a blue tie.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:22 PM

5,178 posts, read 5,007,792 times
Quote:
Leoliu we been through this already.

Read my reply on "Why Asians Don't Fight Back" thread.

Lyndon B Johnson and others set things up this way to ensure there would be no Black, Brown and Yellow collaboration of any kind.

The answer is that Blacks and Asians need to reconcile our differences or divided we shall continue to fall. Look at our history in this country.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/3252577-when-will-asians-fight-back-2.html#post60585831

How to? Black perps are brutally beating up random non-blacks while other black bystanders are watching or closing the doors behind them. I don't side with criminals or crime-indulging culture regardless of which group they belong to.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:40 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,908,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
How to? Black perps are brutally beating up random non-blacks while other black bystanders are watching or closing the doors behind them. I don't side with criminals or crime-indulging culture regardless of which group they belong to.
Blacks are hesitant to intervene because the Asian being attacked will flip the script and say yeah those N***ers attacked me. There is a high probability especially if they don't speak English well they'll just point the finger at both and off to the slammer they go.

The key is building a relationship and awareness so there is better trust and understanding. Otherwise from my own personal experience I have never intervened in any kind of altercation growing up in Flushing I just walked away as my parents and Martial Arts instructors taught me. The reason being above. In NYC everyone is psuedo-anonymous and therefore a potential enemy. But there are general preconceptions from the old days that could be corrected and give more people the idea they won't have negative consequences from trying to help someone.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:08 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,619,817 times
Quote:
He got away with it because he had a D next to his name. Same goes for biden. Lengthy career of doing racist things but it's all good because be wears a blue tie.
The D has nothing to do with it. When LBJ was in his prime the Democratic Party was still big in the south and among racially insensitive old school folks. Following JFK & LBJ this quickly flipped with the social conservatives fleeing the Democrats for the warm God fearing embrace of the GOP.

What would kill a campaign today with cries of racism was just good ole' boy talk back then.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:19 PM

1,399 posts, read 894,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post

What would kill a campaign today with cries of racism was just good ole' boy talk back then.
Bidens the most popular president in the history of the us. 81m plus are racists.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:28 PM

822 posts, read 782,883 times
Quote:
Bidens the most popular president in the history of the us. 81m plus are racists.
I wouldn't call him popular, I would say Trump is just extremely polarizing. I know a good amount of Republicans who voted for Biden simply because they can't stand Trump and the way he was steering America.

What happened to the Republicans like George Bush? Even he says that he doesn't recognize the Republican party anymore.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/polit...une/index.html

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...can-party.html

Old 04-01-2021, 04:36 PM

19,081 posts, read 14,039,547 times
Yeah don't forget that democrats excoriated him as well. GWB was when I started telling everyone I knew that the end was coming because that's when "you're a democrat or you're the enemy" began.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-01-2021, 05:06 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,780,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
If you file a tax return that shows taxes paid, you get to vote. So I would forfeit my right to vote in NY if my tax return was solely based on my pension, but I could vote in federal elections due to my payment of federal taxes.

A very simple, color blind (since apparently race is all that matters nowadays) and apolitical definition. People who exist to mooch off of the system should not be able to wield their majority bloc to influence government in their favor. Doesn't matter if they are black people in the projects or white yokels from Kentucky. If you're not paying some form of taxes, you should have zero say in how the system functions.

You can keep going down the "white male" road if you like; I think you know by now that I don't care.
The dems are shameless because they are willing to take anyone's vote without questioning their legal status. That is truly the most shameful thing in a republic. No other country would allow illegals the right to vote.

The other problems with American politics is that it's never been about the policies at all. Regardless of party, once they have majority control they never enact laws that benefits the voters. It's always been about special interest and corporate needs ahead of the people. The stimulus bill was all about corporate America getting the big payout just like the previous bailouts. The people only got a $1200 check, whoopie.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:15 PM

927 posts, read 419,747 times
Quote:
Blacks are hesitant to intervene because the Asian being attacked will flip the script and say yeah those N***ers attacked me. There is a high probability especially if they don't speak English well they'll just point the finger at both and off to the slammer they go.
So, basically, it's the victim's fault.
Su-Chun is being beaten to a pulp and strangled by Tyrone. But Devontae, Marius and Darius are afraid that Su-Chun is probably a racist that will falsely accuse them of attacking him.

Crime-indulging mentality/culture is what this is, like leoliu said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City