Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 12:29 AM

32,072 posts, read 27,308,798 times

Advertisements

Despite all efforts by Sam The Eagle, Carranza, and the woke liberal far left democrats, NYC pubic schools are still largely segregated by race.

Now why is that?

Am no expert but likely has something to do with fact only about 15% of entire NYC public school system are white students. Of that number those students are spread out in all five boroughs, but largely confined within certain areas of city.

Bronx for instance has almost nil white public school students because whites overall make up a small percentage of demographics for that borough.

https://gothamist.com/news/new-yorks...rt?to=comments

When are these eegits at city hall going to understand things are what they are and that's all she wrote.

Last woke option is for them to start busing kids like they do in Yonkers. Put that on the table and it will be an open declaration of total war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 04:06 AM

19,109 posts, read 14,112,073 times
It's coming. Mark my words. Remember I said it first like 2 years ago when Carranza the race-monger first started talking about this.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-12-2021, 06:24 AM

1,034 posts, read 451,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's coming. Mark my words. Remember I said it first like 2 years ago when Carranza the race-monger first started talking about this.
The truth is if you subtract Orthodox Jews, less and less whites live in NYC year after year. The only whites that are increasingly left in NYC are either old (bought and paid of homes decades ago) or upper middle class who need to stay in the city for their jobs.

With each passing year this increasingly becomes a non issue. The politicians will still talk about it to rile up their voting blocks and shift blame from parents to "the system" but there's no solution because there aren't enough white kids to "integrate" the schools.

The real demographic that should be afraid is Asians. they're becoming a larger share or NYC and their schools tend to be well preforming. However, if the politicians do this they'll push them to vote Republican and the Democratic machine in NYC is well aware of this.

Old 06-12-2021, 06:46 AM

1,399 posts, read 898,261 times
If you are still sending your kids to public indoctrination camp and aren't home schooling than your kids deserve what they get. At this point, sending your kids to leftist brainwashing camps should be viewed as abuse and bad parenting. You see school boards fighting back across the country in very small numbers but they are decades late.

Communist china sowed division based on class. Communist america sowed division based on race. If you are too stupid to see what's going on shame on you. They tell your kids if white, they're automatically oppressor. If black, automatically oppressed. They're activating and arming your children. And the brainwashing is everywhere.

Old 06-12-2021, 02:45 PM

5,928 posts, read 3,044,804 times
Who cares. People always stick to their own, nothing wrong wrong with that. Not everyone and everything has to be mixed and mashed.

Old 06-12-2021, 03:54 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,259,244 times
Most of the kids are half white/half not white. Those kids will not identify white.

Old 06-12-2021, 04:12 PM

1,064 posts, read 558,294 times
Classify Hispanics as white. Problem solved.

Old 06-13-2021, 03:13 AM

10 posts, read 6,344 times
Most of the white kids in the city are ethnic Roman Catholic whites that go to Catholic school or Orthodox Jews who go to private Jewish schools.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:16 AM

3,766 posts, read 1,461,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisana10 View Post
Most of the white kids in the city are ethnic Roman Catholic whites that go to Catholic school or Orthodox Jews who go to private Jewish schools.
I also observed this.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:04 AM

37,329 posts, read 39,749,137 times
Actual report is here: https://www.civilrightsproject.ucla....l-for-post.pdf

Covers 2010-2018, and would argue it's more about Bloomberg's NYC public school system than Big Bird's despite the 50/50 split in time. For one, Bloomberg had already been in power for a while and his administration had enacted a pretty large system with effects that would outlast the administrations for a bit. For another, Big Bird strikes me as kinda lazy and ineffectual.

Some things to note from the report about the NYC public school system from 2010-2018 in this report:

Demographically, everyone except for AA students grew in proportion over that time period. Significantly more percentage-wise hispanic (plurality now at 41% though this category is an interesting catch-all), asian and white. Of course, this means some drop in AA kids in the public school system from 37% in 1990 to 25% in 2018.

Intense segregation as defined by the paper is down, though this paper's focus on nonwhite as the metric seems silly though historically understandable to me and as it ignores likely larger differences among people of different backgrounds such as not even coming from the same language cultural group.

It's the charter schools that seem most responsible for more intense segregation with charter schools being generally the most segregated.

The main thing I dislike about the study is that while it's happy to preface and reference general ideas and general previous studies about the effects of segregation, the discrepancy of funding and resources, and how discrepancy of funding and resources alter results, it does not apply such to their in-depth study of these schools as you don't get a clear presentation about funding and academic results to go along with the wealth of demographic data. I'd understand that more in the context of this being purely informational, but it's an odder track to go with given the amount of prescriptive and additional explanatory references used in the study. I also think it's alarmist as it appears that NYC schools, save for charters, in their own data seem to have mostly gotten more overall diverse on the average school by school basis, and meanwhile, if I remember this correctly, primary metrics for testing have generally gone up across the board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City