Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 07:35 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times

Advertisements

If the killers were better shots and only hit other criminals, would anyone complain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2021, 08:03 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
If the killers were better shots and only hit other criminals, would anyone complain?

Sideways shooting looks really cool and gangsta though.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:14 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I have heard no no candidate talk about the rise of gangs in New York,
many are Blood and Crip under various local gang names
Maybe your not listening

"Yet Adams’s crime-fighting strategy largely amounts to the police doing things better, not differently. “We have a gang and a gun problem in the city. And how you deal with that is you focus on gangs and guns,” he says. “I would reinstitute a plainclothes unit—better cops, not the cops we had before. We want cops with good communication skills, conflict resolution, and to use the data to target.”

From a very detailed story on Eric Adams
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...se-for-himself

Old 06-24-2021, 08:39 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Sideways shooting looks really cool and gangsta though.
It's worst way to shoot something unless point blank. Because the bullets trajectory is completely off center.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:39 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Maybe your not listening

"Yet Adams’s crime-fighting strategy largely amounts to the police doing things better, not differently. “We have a gang and a gun problem in the city. And how you deal with that is you focus on gangs and guns,” he says. “I would reinstitute a plainclothes unit—better cops, not the cops we had before. We want cops with good communication skills, conflict resolution, and to use the data to target.”

From a very detailed story on Eric Adams
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...se-for-himself
I have been listening. The above is the only thing said about gangs in the article.

In the mayoral debates questions about gangs were not asked and I don't recall l any candidates talking about them about them

Then going to Eric Adams website:

https://ericadams2021.com/safety/

and

https://ericadams2021.com/erics-safe...ty-lower-crime

no mention of gangs

what is happening now is a lot of these shootings are about gangs attacking each other over affiliation.
That type of thing used to happen less here than in other states where gang warfare is more common.
And innocent bystanders get hurt also

Old 06-24-2021, 09:43 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I have been listening. The above is the only thing said about gangs in the article.

In the mayoral debates questions about gangs were not asked and I don't recall l any candidates talking about them about them

Then going to Eric Adams website:

https://ericadams2021.com/safety/

and

https://ericadams2021.com/erics-safe...ty-lower-crime

no mention of gangs

what is happening now is a lot of these shootings are about gangs attacking each other over affiliation.
That type of thing used to happen less here than in other states where gang warfare is more common.
And innocent bystanders get hurt also
I know there was a candidates forum in Brownsville. There is mention, just not the deep conversation that I think you are looking for.
Could it be that he does not think gangs attacking each other are as important or widespread as other crime categories and he feels there are other priorities? Just a guess here. I don’t follow nyc crime details they closely.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:21 AM

1,034 posts, read 445,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Interesting that CNN, deemed as the #1 fake news machinery by Trumpers, found nothing more newsworthy than NYC crime issues at the moment. Below is what their report on the situation:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/22/us/ne...ong/index.html

We spent two nights on patrol with the NYPD. Here's what they told us about spiking crime in the city

(CNN)The New York Police Department's 46th Precinct, covering the South Bronx, was once known as the most dangerous square mile in America. Though not near the rate of the early 1990s, crime in New York City is spiking once again. Shooting incidents this May were up 73% compared to the same period last year, according to the NYPD.

We joined officers of the 4-6 on patrol on two busy nights and found them responding to a crime wave on a scale they have never experienced.
"I grew up in the South Bronx. I've never seen this," Officer Yesenia Rosado told CNN.
US police 'very nervous' about officer-initiated enforcement as gun violence soars

Here, these officers find many of the shooters and victims are still in their teens.
"It sucks to see 16-year-old kids shooting and killing each other," said Officer Katherine Torres. "And that's what we do see a lot of here. We have 16-year-olds with robbery patterns and murder charges and it's like they didn't actually get to be kids."

Shocking video shows 2 children caught in the middle of NYC shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeMc3pHVf0
According to some, it's just "petty" crime.

Old 06-24-2021, 12:14 PM

978 posts, read 673,115 times
Sad. Stop and frisk? Plain clothes cops? Oh right. That wasn’t fair. Hmmmm go figure. Oh well.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:10 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Hey the people in the inner city are happy that the cops are not stopping them. However they may catch a bullet from a perp. All good stuff. The NYPD can take reports and pick the bodies up afterwards. At least the African Americans are not offended anymore!

Old 06-24-2021, 02:43 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Hey the people in the inner city are happy that the cops are not stopping them. However they may catch a bullet from a perp. All good stuff. The NYPD can take reports and pick the bodies up afterwards. At least the African Americans insulated rich white progressive busybodies are not offended anymore!
fixed that for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City