Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 08:45 AM

416 posts, read 248,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
In all cases they felt sick and then they felt better. So the Christmas brunches and holiday parties would have still been on. Also, in each case they tested twice at home test - 2 come in a box - and then went for the pcr. Again, this is just my small circle.
And man these particulars do not lack critical thinking- one is even in med school at Columbia.
So he's in tons of debt?

Quote:
In all cases they felt sick and then they felt better.
See, this is the lack of critical thinking I am talking about; they felt sick and then they felt better? Isn't that how it's suppose to work, unless they die? Then they are the unfortunate ones, & there are many of those, but there are many 100+ year olds surviving covid(HOW CAN THAT BE??)

Old 12-21-2021, 08:59 AM

8,943 posts, read 4,791,717 times
Long COVID Test Lines and Result Delays Frustrate New Yorkers as Mayor Eyes More Centers
4 hours?! Man...

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/12/20/2...te-new-yorkers

De Blasio pledged on Monday to open 20 new fixed-location testing sites — as many as he shuttered in recent weeks. Meanwhile, throngs endured chilly slogs for tests and grappled with delayed or lost results as Omicron fueled record positive-case rates.

Long lines for COVID tests — and extended waits for results — plagued New Yorkers nearly a week into the Omicron wave, spurring Mayor Bill de Blasio Monday to promise to bring city-run fixed-location testing sites back up to pre-surge levels.

Testing centers operated by the city’s Health and Hospitals Corporation reported at least an hour wait at most sites by Monday afternoon, while New Yorkers at some locations — including Elmhurst and Woodhull hospitals in Queens — endured chilly two-hour slogs. Still, some New Yorkers said they spent over four hours in line.

De Blasio pledged earlier in the day to open 20 new brick-and-mortar testing sites — as many as the city shuttered in recent weeks — and said he’d add three more mobile sites. That would bring the total number of city-run testing locations to 112 by Christmas Eve.

“We’re going to keep expanding test capacity constantly as we fight Omicron,” de Blasio told reporters.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:03 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,274,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
So he's in tons of debt?

See, this is the lack of critical thinking I am talking about; they felt sick and then they felt better? Isn't that how it's suppose to work, unless they die? Then they are the unfortunate ones, & there are many of those, but there are many 100+ year olds surviving covid(HOW CAN THAT BE??)
No debt. Not in my family.

We are rich.
And its a she.
Wrong assumptions all around.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
No debt. Not in my family.

We are rich.
And its a she.
Wrong assumptions all around.
Those are irrelevant to the main point. Try to focus on the main point. I know there has to be SOMETHING up in that noggin' of yours!

Old 12-21-2021, 09:17 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,274,368 times
Quote:
Those are irrelevant to the main point. Try to focus on the main point. I know there has to be SOMETHING up in that noggin' of yours!
Relevant to the validity of your assumptions and opinions.
You were the one who made the statements.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Relevant to the validity of your assumptions and opinions.
You were the one who made the statements.
I made another statement below that one, that you completely ignored

Meanwhile you go for the obvious one liner bait, like a goofball. Clearly, you have no argument for why we need to continue to waste double digit billions of dollars on covid testing

But good to know you and your friend are rich
I'll keep that in mind.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:58 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,685,320 times
When you guys get tired of the meaningless back and forth, I suggest you go on Facebook and search for "Covid prayers." You'll find real stories from real people who lost loved ones to Covid. Sure, some of them probably "deserved" to die because they were overweight with comorbities according to the prevailing thinking here. And for the anti mask anti vaxxer contingent who insist on how everyone they know who didn't vax and/or recovered from Covid are doing just fine, realize your confirmation bias. The people who died aren't posting on social media. And their families no longer have interest in participating either because they are dealing with loss.

But yes, all those 800,000+ Americans lost probably deserved to die. God will fix it all, don't you worry.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
When you guys get tired of the meaningless back and forth, I suggest you go on Facebook and search for "Covid prayers." You'll find real stories from real people who lost loved ones to Covid. Sure, some of them probably "deserved" to die because they were overweight with comorbities according to the prevailing thinking here. And for the anti mask anti vaxxer contingent who insist on how everyone they know who didn't vax and/or recovered from Covid are doing just fine, realize your confirmation bias. The people who died aren't posting on social media. And their families no longer have interest in participating either because they are dealing with loss.

But yes, all those 800,000+ Americans lost probably deserved to die. God will fix it all, don't you worry.
Let's go on facebook to get the real stories

Does facebook tell you about the massive protests happening all around the world, and they aren't wearing masks! They are all unmasked, unvaccinated, marching together in the streets

800,000 americans lost their lives due to covid, but was it from covid, with covid, behind covid, or crashed their motorcycle and died and get labeled "covid death", covid?

Hard to understand it took a #metoo movement to get Coumo out of office, but not the fact that he put the sick, next to the elderly and vulnerable in nursing homes.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:34 AM

1,081 posts, read 559,388 times
Quote:
Let's go on facebook to get the real stories

Does facebook tell you about the massive protests happening all around the world, and they aren't wearing masks! They are all unmasked, unvaccinated, marching together in the streets

800,000 americans lost their lives due to covid, but was it from covid, with covid, behind covid, or crashed their motorcycle and died and get labeled "covid death", covid?

Hard to understand it took a #metoo movement to get Coumo out of office, but not the fact that he put the sick, next to the elderly and vulnerable in nursing homes.
So the people in the nursing home legitimately died of Covid (when you want to blame Cuomo), but the other deaths labelled Covid were all from something else. Gotcha.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
So the people in the nursing home legitimately died of Covid (when you want to blame Cuomo), but the other deaths labelled Covid were all from something else. Gotcha.
You got me, but you didn't get Coumo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: