Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 06:53 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
People flock to Nevada to get married (mainly due to their quick marriage licenses) but they find their soulmates in NYC.....
Do you really believe that there's a substantial amount of people who travel from NYC to Nevada to get married?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 07:10 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
He picked me up in a sleazy West Village gay bar. I was too plastered to go home with him so made a date two days later, moved in together a couple weeks after that and spent the next 45 years together loving and caring for one another.
That's nice. Not too many couples I know stay together for that long and the ones that do are usually miserable. If I'm not mistaken didn't he pass away not too long ago ?

Old 08-23-2022, 07:11 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,403,529 times
Quote:
He picked me up in a sleazy West Village gay bar. I was too plastered to go home with him so made a date two days later, moved in together a couple weeks after that and spent the next 45 years together loving and caring for one another.
Wow 45 years! That's great!

Old 08-23-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
That's nice. Not too many couples I know stay together for that long and the ones that do are usually miserable. If I'm not mistaken didn't he pass away not too long ago ?
Yeah 45 is rare!

Old 08-23-2022, 07:34 AM

3,044 posts, read 5,003,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
This is surprising to me as I know of a few women that either left NYC as they found it difficult to find a life partner here or simply remained single.

This has been my experience with women friends in NYC as well. Finding someone is not hard, finding someone willing to stick around is.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:38 AM

5,828 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Last I heard, if you are gay, nyc is the place. For for everyone else, especially women it’s hell.
Also men wanting to get married are on decline. They finally realized that personal freedom combined with financial freedom is King.

All bets are off when it comes to poor, stupid and uneducated. Those idiots multiply like roaches. Unfortunately. You would think God would help out with this one, but it appears he is too hungover with the Hampton’s crowd to give a crap.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:58 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,841,345 times
For women, the more she is able to substantially support herself the more difficult she can find a romantic partner, because she has already established herself, has her own life style, & live comfortably. It's not easy to give up a life style that she has been having for years, it takes someone great who can make her happier from her happy life she is having now & it's rare because many crappy dudes out there.

Unless that woman is desperately seeking a relationship of which there are some women who can't live without men, then it would be a different story, she would do anything to keep her man or be with a man, if necessary, to be his sugar mama!

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 08-23-2022 at 08:17 AM..

Old 08-23-2022, 08:18 AM

1,424 posts, read 727,334 times
I was never able to find someone in NYC. I feel like things would be different if I grew up elsewhere.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:33 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,841,345 times
This is very rare & so happy for you, Kefir King!

Quote:

Old 08-23-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I was never able to find someone in NYC. I feel like things would be different if I grew up elsewhere.
I have friends who live in smaller cities and its not any better there honestly. At least in NYC we have more options then the people we went to high school with. Can go to a bar and meet someone who grew up in a different area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City