Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 07:17 AM

29 posts, read 13,666 times

Advertisements

Just wondering you opinions about the theoretical situation

What if tomorrow all of these bike delivery guys just disappeared. Poof they are all gone
Would the city be able to operate?
Exactly how essential are all of these little delivery guys to our city?

My guess is that around 95% of the little guys deliveries really are unnecessary. Unless they are delivering medication (which illegal aliens should have zero business delivering anyways), or delivering to people that are elderly and in disabled shape.

Other than that, these little La Bamba’s are entirely just beyond unnecessary here. Those deliveries can be performed by legal citizens.

The young transplant kids would have to just walk downstairs and to the restaurant to grab it to go. No more star treatment deliveries

Restaurants would be a little bit more revitalized with a lot more traffic and more business?

So would the city come to a crashing hault without the criminal deliveries? Could New York survive without these criminal deliveries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 08:44 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
OMG, people wouold have to actually WALK to get their food. How HORRIBLE.
Is there no end to the ignominy the rich have to suffer?

Old 09-21-2022, 12:03 PM

5,828 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Back in the 80s and 90s kids in beat up Camaros would deliver the pizzas.

Old 09-21-2022, 04:02 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,775,164 times
Why bike deliveries?

If you have young kids, leaving home for errands is not simple.
If you live in a building where mail/packages get stolen, delivery (not just for food) is a godsend.
If you can't leave home because you or someone there is sick/contagious delivery is a godsend.
If you're elderly/physically disabled, of course delivery is also good.

I think it's a lot more than just lazy WFH transplants ordering sushi. That said, yes, the cyclists can be a real PITA on the streets, and even worse, when they ride on the sidewalks. And I think that they're not all undocumented. A lot are probably just poor New Yorkers trying to eke out some extra cash.

Old 09-21-2022, 04:28 PM

The majority of the people ordering from them are the young rich transplant kids. There must be just as many transplant kids as there are bike delivery riders.

There are probably around 2 Million bike delivery riders in NYC, my guess. That does not stand out as a lot to any of you but does to me. Way too many.

All bike delivery riders are illegal aliens. My guess

The whole industry is fueled by rich young transplants living the HBO sitcom lifestyle. They must tip the illegal aliens great because the illegals are not complaining any.

I can full do without the illegal riders. Even my elderly neighbors I’ve known my whole life walk to the grocery store here at 80 and 90 years old. No but not the HBO sitcom starlets.

Even my friends who make big money on Wall Street walk to get their pizza.

Also consider the hygiene factor…… you never know if the illegal alien would go through the food to take a handful and then just re staple the package… with their dirty and criminal fingers……

Old 09-21-2022, 06:47 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,775,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candles-burn View Post
The majority of the people ordering from them are the young rich transplant kids. There must be just as many transplant kids as there are bike delivery riders.

There are probably around 2 Million bike delivery riders in NYC, my guess. That does not stand out as a lot to any of you but does to me. Way too many.

All bike delivery riders are illegal aliens. My guess

The whole industry is fueled by rich young transplants living the HBO sitcom lifestyle. They must tip the illegal aliens great because the illegals are not complaining any.

I can full do without the illegal riders. Even my elderly neighbors I’ve known my whole life walk to the grocery store here at 80 and 90 years old. No but not the HBO sitcom starlets.

Even my friends who make big money on Wall Street walk to get their pizza.

Also consider the hygiene factor…… you never know if the illegal alien would go through the food to take a handful and then just re staple the package… with their dirty and criminal fingers……
Why do you insist on dragging immigration into this? What you suspect is one thing. But what you actually KNOW about who is delivering food is very little. Just because someone doesn't speak English very well does not mean that they are undocumented. It just doesn't. So stop poisoning the well and stick to the subject of bicycle deliveries and you're good. You want to whine about immigration issues, take it to the P&OC forum.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:56 PM

Hey- illegal aliens are not “immigrants”. Please do not conflate the two.

The illegal aliens are not “undocumented” either.

We all know the delivery riders are illegal aliens just like practically all non-English speaking construction workers. Don’t even try to deny it. This cities population is rapidly near being dominated by illegal aliens.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:57 PM

5,687 posts, read 2,615,888 times
Troll thread

Old 09-21-2022, 08:22 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,223,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candles-burn View Post
Restaurants would be a little bit more revitalized with a lot more traffic and more business?
This is a good point.

With these delivery systems, people can be lazy and just order food while watching netflix instead of going outside and contributing to the local economy and the vibrancy of the city.

The suburbanization of the Manhattan lifestyle (i.e. watching netflix instead of going outside, eating delivery instead of at the restaurants, transplants, etc), along with an increase of crime, has put a damper on the experience of living in NYC!

Old 09-21-2022, 08:24 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,032,341 times
Anyone who is here legally won't have to be delivering food. This includes all nationalities from Chinese to Nigerian to Indian to Mexican.

Minimum wage jobs pay $15/hr. Even entry level retail is paying $18-20/hr. The food delivery industry is dominated by illegals who lack papers for tax forms.

Food delivery is also not cheap. They've gone up in price a lot after the silicon valley vc money dried up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: