Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2023, 10:30 AM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

NYPD has put up electronic signs warning people not to leave valuables in their rides (not a smart thing to do anyway) and otherwise watch their valuables.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/04/nypd-w...tch-valuables/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2023, 01:30 PM

14 posts, read 7,240 times
It I was a thief I’d be in soho too jacking $4,000 designer handbags and $900 sweaters just sitting out for the takings. Soho is a sweet spot nowadays for thieves it is like a high end candy store.

If you steal $80,000 of merchandise in a few minutes of work, and if you get caught they just release you (if they even bother chasing you at all). It’s solid: the pay is good.

I heard the migrants like stealing catalytic converters. It is big money and fast money and it’s not like anybody is going to arrest a migrant. They appear to have no consequences.

Old 03-05-2023, 01:58 PM

14 posts, read 7,240 times
The other day I saw the video clip online for “Shirtless Man Confronts Seattle Thieves with Baseball Bat” hehe. NYC needs more fine gentlemen like him to stop the thieves. It is practically guaranteed that the thieves will all know not to try stealing that Seattle mans catalytic converters!

Old 03-05-2023, 04:37 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbookworm View Post
It I was a thief I’d be in soho too jacking $4,000 designer handbags and $900 sweaters just sitting out for the takings. Soho is a sweet spot nowadays for thieves it is like a high end candy store.

If you steal $80,000 of merchandise in a few minutes of work, and if you get caught they just release you (if they even bother chasing you at all). It’s solid: the pay is good.

I heard the migrants like stealing catalytic converters. It is big money and fast money and it’s not like anybody is going to arrest a migrant. They appear to have no consequences.
Migrants are a protected class. Especially illegal migrants that look like they never missed a meal. Don't you dare try to question the poor needy migrants, bigots and racists!

Old 03-06-2023, 06:35 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
The news is nothing more than a modern day cowboy western.
I am my father (R.I.P.),reclining,having a drink, and smiling knowing
that I voted for Curtis Sliwa.

You get what you vote for ...........so sit back and enjoy the show.

Old 03-06-2023, 12:34 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
The news is nothing more than a modern day cowboy western.
I am my father (R.I.P.),reclining,having a drink, and smiling knowing
that I voted for Curtis Sliwa.

You get what you vote for ...........so sit back and enjoy the show.

You’re on the dot as far as the news go. Lol

I wonder what Gracie mansion would look-slash-smell like after years of Curtis Sliwa, his wife and a growing Kat Kolony had dropped their hats there. (?)

Old 03-06-2023, 03:04 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
You’re on the dot as far as the news go. Lol

I wonder what Gracie mansion would look-slash-smell like after years of Curtis Sliwa, his wife and a growing Kat Kolony had dropped their hats there. (?)

Who knows.
But probably wouldn’t have people dumping their garbage over the fence again.

Old 03-07-2023, 07:23 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Who knows.
But probably wouldn’t have people dumping their garbage over the fence again.
Yeah right!

I admit I had to look that up though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City