Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2023, 09:01 PM

5,130 posts, read 4,974,054 times

Advertisements

4/5 people lost to a deranged relative...and the mother said "he was living in a homeless shelter and just recently went to live with his aunt in Queens, adding he was a good son..."

7th, I thought of you...hope this is not near your daily routes...pretty disturbing ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...officers-hurt/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 09:16 PM

1,467 posts, read 760,934 times
Daily news quote from article

“ My aunt took him in because she felt sorry for him because he’s telling her he’s trying to get his life together,” Gordon’s sister, who did not want to be named, told The News. “I knew it was going to be bad.”

“ “I wanted to tell her [that] this is bigger than us, to let him go back to the shelter, but no one was listening to me,” the sibling said. “She took him in. There’s no reason for this.”

Old 12-03-2023, 09:52 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,472,420 times
What legal medications was he on that had known side effects of violent behavior? We will never know and big pharma and all doctors involved will never be held accountable.

One shooting and all gun manufactures are sued and gov't trying everyday to ban guns.

By the way, he used a knife to do a MASS KNIFING. When will Knife permits be required? Common sense knife control is also in order.

RIP to the innocent.

Old 12-03-2023, 10:06 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,223,922 times
Sad and sickening.

RIP

Old 12-04-2023, 03:56 AM

10,108 posts, read 14,980,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
4/5 people lost to a deranged relative...and the mother said "he was living in a homeless shelter and just recently went to live with his aunt in Queens, adding he was a good son..."

7th, I thought of you...hope this is not near your daily routes...pretty disturbing ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...officers-hurt/
Remember that murderers, rapists, thieves, abusers, etc aren't doing those things 24/7 or even in view of their family and/or friends/acquaintances/neighbors. Most of the time they are doing normal things (sleep, eat breakfast, watch tv, joke around, have normal conversations, could be very smart, could be good looking, go to the gym, get a physical, attend college, go to church, play sports, get a haircut, etc.)

Plus, in this case in particular, the killer I think wasn't known for killing other people.

I think is normal for family/friends/acquaintances/neighbors to have a good opinion of someone that went off. They are only describing what they saw and/or experienced with the person.

Think of this the following way. A select number of people (could be one or several through the years) fall in love with someone else. While in love, they see the other person not as what they are but in an idealized form. Everyone else that isn't in love with this person will not see him or her in the way the person in love with them see him. If you ever heard the saying "I don't see what she see's in him," well that is quite literal.

The same happens with a criminal. Bad people are bad for a very short time, not all the time.

This is a tragic case.

RIP

Old 12-04-2023, 05:00 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Sadly,

the media has turned it's focus away from mental illness to the millions entering our country unvetted.

What percentage of theses people will have similar issues in immediate need of care but never tended to?

Will we have to wait for another breaking story ?

I won't be surprised to see an uptick in tragedies like this in the very near future.

You get what you vote for.

Old 12-04-2023, 03:57 PM

1,467 posts, read 760,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
What legal medications was he on that had known side effects of violent behavior? We will never know and big pharma and all doctors involved will never be held accountable.

One shooting and all gun manufactures are sued and gov't trying everyday to ban guns.

By the way, he used a knife to do a MASS KNIFING. When will Knife permits be required? Common sense knife control is also in order.

RIP to the innocent.
According to the nypost he refused all help. Who can you hold accountable if no one was involved.

““His sister, Nicole, called an institution and let them know that her brother has mental issues and he needed help. They did come. I witnessed that. He did not want to go,” his aunt said. “He said there was nothing wrong with him. They’re the ones that are crazy. But the family did reach out to get him help.”

https://nypost.com/2023/12/04/metro/...l-health-help/

I’m curious if the city program was Involved when they called or just the location they called.

“NYC expands program that sends EMTs, social workers to mental health calls”

“The Behavioral Health Emergency Assistance Response Division, known as B-HEARD, aims to reduce the number of police responses to 911 mental health calls by instead sending teams of EMTs and social workers trained in de-escalation techniques. Under B-HEARD, NYPD dispatchers route mental health calls to FDNY communications, where their dispatchers determine if the call warrants a B-HEARD response.

New York first tried pairing police officers with social workers in co-responder units but the program was never linked to 911 and was limited in scope, according to The City. In 2020, then-Mayor Bill de Blasio announced the B-HEARD zero-cop teams of EMTs and social workers. ”

Old 12-05-2023, 03:13 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Moral of the story:

Never, ever, ever let anyone move in with you. If they're not doing well on their own, chances are they will either take advantage of you, interrupt your peace, or downright harm you!

Old 12-06-2023, 06:29 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Moral of the story:

Never, ever, ever let anyone move in with you. If they're not doing well on their own, chances are they will either take advantage of you, interrupt your peace, or downright harm you!

Well done stromgal.
If they are not doing well on their own chances are they won't do well with you.

We learned the hard way.
Ruined our happiness.
Once we had enough, it was " Bye bye ! "
I say.........Want to help? Give money to the church.

Old 12-06-2023, 10:04 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
I worked with the older cop for many years. I’m very happy to hear he is going to recover and that his aim was true under such violent circumstances.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: