Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 08:02 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,208,566 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-est...-florida-texas
Must be another "confederate"

Quote:
Some nationwide real estate investors, like Cardone Capital’s Grant Cardone, have started telling their teams to pack their bags and leave New York after the verdict in former President Trump’s fraud trial.

Quote:
The business leader gained recent recognition after he posted on X that his firm would "immediately discontinue" all underwriting on New York City real estate to focus on other markets like Texas and Florida.

Cardone further claimed that New York has risks "that outweigh the opportunities" in terms of property value — and the blue state has shown its politicization when it comes to doing business.
Business unfriendly decisions will drive away businesses. What a concept!?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 08:46 PM

34,043 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-est...-florida-texas
Must be another "confederate"

Business unfriendly decisions will drive away businesses. What a concept!?!?!
Big whoop, let them commit fraud in other states

Then when they default lets see what the banks do then

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-22-2024, 09:00 PM

Finance is a hyper mobile industry, but one of the things it does require is a culture of law and order, with predictable outcomes. NYC was our finance capital, because of the Dutch, and their very business friendly culture. NYC doesn't have to be the centre of finance in the US. It could be somewhere else.

Old 02-22-2024, 09:02 PM

More high profile investors speaking out...

https://nypost.com/2024/02/20/busine...trump-verdict/

Quote:
O’Leary said that he has heard from peers in the business world who have pledged to shun New York, which “was already on the top of the list of being a loser state.”

“I would never invest in New York now,” O’Leary said, adding: “And I’m not the only person saying that.”

Old 02-23-2024, 02:54 AM

5,806 posts, read 2,934,065 times
If the law decides to wake up now and go after them all, the system would crumble.

Old 02-23-2024, 06:45 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
If the law decides to wake up now and go after them all, the system would crumble.
My opinion:

I think many posters fail to see that homeowners like us may end up in the crosshairs as well.

I use this example before:

I buy a home worth $500,000 but believe it's worth a million because it once belonged to
a very famous person and will sell for that price .

Bank approves loan for a greater amount. Great !

Somewhere down the road "Jesse James" and company steps in.
Sees I inflated property value. Accuse me of fraud. Sue me and fine me for fraud.
Not so great !

The case against Trump set a bad precedent.
Invest at your own risk or leave.
Guess what?
Investors are leaving.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 02-23-2024 at 07:16 AM..

Old 02-23-2024, 08:46 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,149,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion:

I think many posters fail to see that homeowners like us may end up in the crosshairs as well.

I buy a home worth $500,000 but believe it's worth a million because it once belonged to

Sees I inflated property value. Accuse me of fraud. Sue me and fine me for fraud.
Not so great !

Guess what?
Investors are leaving.

Very interesting analysis and quite possible. The rule of Unintended Consequences is now in effect! I bet everyone who has recently bought a 1 or 2 family home in NYC has done something like that. So now overestimating the value of your home, which is a very subjective process, could be a crime.

Old 02-23-2024, 09:25 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,026,463 times
How about replacing Leticia James, Alvin Bragg and disrobing Judge Engoron? It's easier than having the masses move!

Old 02-23-2024, 01:16 PM

6,541 posts, read 7,124,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion:

Not so great !

Guess what?
Investors are leaving.
You think a bank just goes on your word? Lol comical. O’Leary explains in detail how every bank in the world investigates what you think your building is worth and you go back and forth until an agreement is made.

Some government person said Mar Largo was only worth $15m………why even say that high, why not say it’s only worth $100k. Thinking anything in that community is only $15m should be a crime, followed by said government person fined $354m for it.

Old 02-23-2024, 04:09 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
You think a bank just goes on your word? Lol comical. O’Leary explains in detail how every bank in the world investigates what you think your building is worth and you go back and forth until an agreement is made.

Some government person said Mar Largo was only worth $15m………why even say that high, why not say it’s only worth $100k. Thinking anything in that community is only $15m should be a crime, followed by said government person fined $354m for it.

Property valuation is not an exact science.
Different people look at property and arrive at vastly different numbers.
Few assessors want to deal with property owners challenging the assess value.
Most assesors assume that when a willing buyer and seller agree on a price that is an accurate measure of property value.
What is sad is is that Banks approved of Trump properties loans. Debt paid and everybody was happy except the haters.

Those who voted for the people now in power will see more of the same.
When a watered down version is applied to every regular person like you and
me the only people laughing won't be those living in N.Y.C. Not so comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City