Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 PM

14 posts, read 15,765 times

Advertisements

Hello, I recently lost a lawsuit to my building so I have to move out of midtown manhattan. So i am looking for apartments with low rent to stay in for about a year so i can make enough money then move out. The only thing is they must be SAFE! I do have a 13 yr old daughter and a 15 yr old son who both come and go by thereselves so the area must be safe enough for them to come and go. They would be coming home at around a max of 10:30 at night (absolute latest). So basically it has to be safe and relativley close to midtown manhattan (max 1hour commute)
Here are the apts im looking at and can afford.
MANHATTAN:
103st between 2nd and 3rd

116th street btwn lex and park

Apartments between 118th-127th streets, mostly between park and 2nd ave

7th Street and avenue C

BRONX:
(I would be renting a house or walk up apt, NOT living in the projects there, but the apts are pretty close to the projects so let me know if this will be an issue.)
East Tremont area

Mott Haven area

Castle Hill Area

138th street

Please tell me anything you can on these neighboorhoods, and if you think it would be safe enough to live there. I have street smarts, but my daughter doesn't really listen to what i tell her and walks around with her iPhone with those giveaway white earpods in. So please tell me which would be the safest. I am considering living in east harlem but i heard it can be rough at night. Any info helps, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 06:35 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
tho Mott Haven and E Tremont and 138th have come a long way, i don't know if they would be considered "safe". Castle Hill north of the Cr Bronx and Westchester Ave are probably safer than the aforementioned 3

Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
tho Mott Haven and E Tremont and 138th have come a long way, i don't know if they would be considered "safe". Castle Hill north of the Cr Bronx and Westchester Ave are probably safer than the aforementioned 3
Really, I heard the 103-127 were the safest and that the bronx was afwul and to avoid the BX at all costs. people have told me they see people get robbed all the time. But i will def. check out the nighboorhood. Thanks for the reply

Old 11-07-2013, 06:52 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianf View Post
Hello, I recently lost a lawsuit to my building so I have to move out of midtown manhattan. So i am looking for apartments with low rent to stay in for about a year so i can make enough money then move out. The only thing is they must be SAFE! I do have a 13 yr old daughter and a 15 yr old son who both come and go by thereselves so the area must be safe enough for them to come and go. They would be coming home at around a max of 10:30 at night (absolute latest). So basically it has to be safe and relativley close to midtown manhattan (max 1hour commute)
Here are the apts im looking at and can afford.
MANHATTAN:
103st between 2nd and 3rd

116th street btwn lex and park

Apartments between 118th-127th streets, mostly between park and 2nd ave

7th Street and avenue C

BRONX:
(I would be renting a house or walk up apt, NOT living in the projects there, but the apts are pretty close to the projects so let me know if this will be an issue.)
East Tremont area

Mott Haven area

Castle Hill Area

138th street

Please tell me anything you can on these neighboorhoods, and if you think it would be safe enough to live there. I have street smarts, but my daughter doesn't really listen to what i tell her and walks around with her iPhone with those giveaway white earpods in. So please tell me which would be the safest. I am considering living in east harlem but i heard it can be rough at night. Any info helps, thanks!
Another troll post only a month after your last one? Really,if you are going to troll,at least don't cross up on your stories.Last month you were moving because you lost your job.

How safe are these neighboorhoods?

"I recently got layed off of my job, and my midtown manhattan apartment is going to soon become unaffordable to me. So i've been searching for cheap apartments near midtown manhatan and here is what i've come up with. What i would like to know is, are these neighboorhoods safe? "

Your technique is pathetic.I give you an F in trolling.

Last edited by bluedog2; 11-07-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 PM

912 posts, read 2,099,637 times
No

Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Another troll post only a month after your last one? Really,if you are going to troll,at least don't cross up on your stories.Last month you were moving because you lost your job.

How safe are these neighboorhoods?

"I recently got layed off of my job, and my midtown manhattan apartment is going to soon become unaffordable to me. So i've been searching for cheap apartments near midtown manhatan and here is what i've come up with. What i would like to know is, are these neighboorhoods safe? "

Your technique is pathetic.I give you an F in trolling.
NOT trolling, Im serious. Got my fired and lost a lawsuit. The bulding i lived in would not provide ramps or make it any easier for me to enter the bulding when i had a broken foot. I was on crutches and requested that they put a ramp up the 4 steps that you walk up to enter the bulding, and apparently my lawyer told me it was the law, but i lost. I am 100% serious and honestly i need real advice. I Really dont have time to waste making fake posts asking about New York. What would i get from that? Like seriously.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:53 PM

106 posts, read 129,427 times
We'll, if you are legit, the only decent spot on your list is E7 and C...

Old 11-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggz494 View Post
We'll, if you are legit, the only decent spot on your list is E7 and C...
Yea I'm considering it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-08-2013, 07:54 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
I wouldn't live in any with my teenage children coming and going alone at 10pm. Look into a more family type of neighborhood in queens or way out in brooklyn. Longer commute yes. But better areas.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I wouldn't live in any with my teenage children coming and going alone at 10pm. Look into a more family type of neighborhood in queens or way out in brooklyn. Longer commute yes. But better areas.
Of the areas you listed, I agree about 7th and C, but the above is the best advice - many nice family areas in Queens or Bay Ridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City