Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 08:13 PM

544 posts, read 1,527,412 times

Advertisements

NYPD investigates whether 6-year-old boy accidentally killed his newborn baby brother in East Harlem

This gives bone chill. What if the 6 year old brother was on the street and fired a gun at random killing someone? We are not talking about criminals targeting someone, but a child accidentally firing (regardless the details of this particular case, that family apparently had at one gun and it's accessible by the 6 year old).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 08:45 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
NYPD investigates whether 6-year-old boy accidentally killed his newborn baby brother in East Harlem

This gives bone chill. What if the 6 year old brother was on the street and fired a gun at random killing someone? We are not talking about criminals targeting someone, but a child accidentally firing (regardless the details of this particular case, that family apparently had at one gun and it's accessible by the 6 year old).
Why is killing someone on the street worse than killing his newborn baby brother?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:02 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,654,372 times
Quote:

I read the whole article and did not find any mention of "gun".

Old 01-04-2015, 09:26 PM

5,138 posts, read 4,974,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
I read the whole article and did not find any mention of "gun".
lol

Old 01-04-2015, 10:10 PM

This report says "shot", and by "shot" I suppose it's shot by a gun. As for what's the difference between shooting on the street and at home, I don't think it needs explanation.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:27 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
This report says "shot", and by "shot" I suppose it's shot by a gun. As for what's the difference between shooting on the street and at home, I don't think it needs explanation.
That may have just been the initial reports. The more recent articles don't say anything about a gunshot wound.

As for the difference between this kid shooting his baby brother to death at home (which apparently didn't happen, but for the sake of the argument, let's say it did) and shooting someone not related to him on the street -- this question actually made me stop and think for a moment.

In essence, there is no difference. A six year old has still shot an innocent person to death via the criminally negligent behavior of his parents, whether that person is his innocent baby brother, or an innocent person on the street. And the fault is with the parents in either case.

When you say that this question doesn't need an explanation, it seems you're too lazy to reply with your thoughts on the matter. That's too bad, since you're the one who started the thread.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:55 PM

As a stranger I have no reason to worry if the kid just fires a gun at his home. But if he may get on the street with a gun shooting randomly (not saying this was the case), then it becomes a public safety issue and I would have reason to be concerned. Clear?

Old 01-05-2015, 12:09 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
As a stranger I have no reason to worry if the kid just fires a gun at his home. But if he may get on the street with a gun shooting randomly (not saying this was the case), then it becomes a public safety issue and I would have reason to be concerned. Clear?
Yes, it's clear that your concern is about you, and not another innocent victim, as the baby was in this case. But I do get your point and I think it's another valid point of view.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Yes, it's clear that your concern is about you, and not another innocent victim, as the baby was in this case. But I do get your point and I think it's another valid point of view.
My concern is not just about me, but about anyone who happens to be on the street (or in a store, cinema...) near a gun-holding child, who is not related to such a family, would not have been in their home. No more explanation is needed, I hope?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:19 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Two year old took gun from mother's purse and shot her dead in a Walmart.

Perhaps to handle a gun one should need to prove the mentality of at least a 3 year old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: