Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:01 PM

234 posts, read 1,158,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Donjuan, you dog NYC too much. You've crossed the line.

You say NYC is dirty, graffiti-covered, too dense, full of homeless people, full of hookers, full of druggies, full of nutcases, etc.

Now it's my turn...
LA is a smoggy, polluted, dirty, sprawling, low-rise, poorly-planned, materislistic, overly-expensive, over-polished, homeless-infested, glitzy, fake, hole with no architecture, history, character, or identity.

Feels good, huh?

hahahahahha stop lieing and calm down. I never said Ny is dirty or graffiti covered or full of homeless or hookers. hey im the only honest one here. LA has skid row which has like 7000 homeless living in the downtown area and most of them are on drugs. I seen the nice parts of NY and it was very clean with no graffiti period. i say if that was LA you would see graffiti everywhere. NY have more pride in there city. Bcuz in LA as they are devoloping new buildings the dumb gangs are putting graffiti on it. the density part of downtown LA needs some help and it would be better if LA had more buildings and made the downtown area more tourist friendly like in NY or any other real city. When i was in sonta monica i did see alot of she-male hookers that on drugs.
hey when u diss LA it's not getting to me. lmaoooooo ur right about that LA was poorly planned.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Your IP address can be banned.

I'm not pissed because you're speaking the "truth." I'm pissed because you are so closed-minded. You don't realize that NYC contributes so much more than LA. You don't realize the importance, character, history, etc. of NYC. You show no signs of common sense.

Copying LA? No, you're wrong. Gangbanging started out in Europe. Major gangbanging started out in NYC with the Mafia. If there were to be a gang war between the Crips and the Mafia, the Mafia would win. But God knows why I'm taling about this. As if gangs make a city great.

lol calm down and get some real facts. u keep telling me lies. gangbangin aint started in Europe. the Mafia and a gang is totally diff. The mafia is more advance and smart while gangs are more like dumb vultures who prey on the poor and rich. gangs will rob a liqour store and be caught on camera and walk out the store with $20 and be cool with that. Hey the mafia is big in NY but not in LA. the gangs run these streets. The good thing about it is the high cost of living is driving the gangs away which is going to be better in the long run bcuz nobody wants to deal with those dumb gangmembers. Hey if you ever transfer to LA to be a cop you will be in for a real reailty check. MS-13 is already spread across the US now and they are even in canada and remmeber that gang started off in these LA streets and ill tell you right now the mafia dont want to bring it to them bcuz they are some wacko's. MS-13 is more dangerous than the taliban. The mafia is cool you dont mess with them and they wont mess with you but with Gangs you walk down there street your getting killed. If you look at them wrong ur getting killed. mexicans gangs dont like black gangs and black gangs dont like mexican gangs so on site if mexicans are rolling thru and see any black person walking they are going to open fire on them and its the same with blacks but not as much. I hope NY dont turn into that . but ur in the field to be a cop you should know about this stuff

Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
lol calm down and get some real facts. u keep telling me lies. gangbangin aint started in Europe. the Mafia and a gang is totally diff. The mafia is more advance and smart while gangs are more like dumb vultures who prey on the poor and rich. gangs will rob a liqour store and be caught on camera and walk out the store with $20 and be cool with that. Hey the mafia is big in NY but not in LA. the gangs run these streets. The good thing about it is the high cost of living is driving the gangs away which is going to be better in the long run bcuz nobody wants to deal with those dumb gangmembers. Hey if you ever transfer to LA to be a cop you will be in for a real reailty check. MS-13 is already spread across the US now and they are even in canada and remmeber that gang started off in these LA streets and ill tell you right now the mafia dont want to bring it to them bcuz they are some wacko's. MS-13 is more dangerous than the taliban. The mafia is cool you dont mess with them and they wont mess with you but with Gangs you walk down there street your getting killed. If you look at them wrong ur getting killed. mexicans gangs dont like black gangs and black gangs dont like mexican gangs so on site if mexicans are rolling thru and see any black person walking they are going to open fire on them and its the same with blacks but not as much. I hope NY dont turn into that . but ur in the field to be a cop you should know about this stuff
Gangs were a problem in Middle Age London, it all started there.

Dude, if you walk down the street minding your business gangs won't do anything. The only large gang that will do something to somebody minding their own business are the Bloods in East Harlem. They're known for going up to innocent civilians on the subway, in alleyways, on empty streets and slitting their face with a razor blade. Yeah, the Mafia won't mess with you if you don't mess with them. But if you know something or see them doing something while you're on your evening stroll, they'll kill you in a split second. There's a Mob leader on the news right now in NYC threatening the judge. He was accused of killing a man walking his dog with his wife in a park.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I'm home alone right now and I live in a suburb of NYC. I usually take the train into the city with friends but today nobody's home. So the only thing I have to do is this. And besides, I go into the city at night. That's when the city really comes alive and shows its "realness." Hell, I was in the city at 5 AM last night and the streets were packed with businessmen, druggies, hookers, angry Italians, honking horns, squeaky breaks, alleyway fires, etc. **** Times Square, I like the realness of the NYC districts that have character--the Meatpacking District, Chelsea, Chicatown, Little Italy, Greenwich VIllage, DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass in Brooklyn), etc.

I never said it was an English class. But because you can't type for ****, I have a harder time reading your comments and actually respecting your opinions.

hahahha finally ur speaking the truth. yeah i know im bad in english lol. as we speak im taking my online english class which i held off for the longest bcuz i hate english class period. so yeah im lacking and not ashamed of it bcuz its the truth and i speak the truth. but still NY is really tight to me bcuz the place is so alive. like LA downtown are is filled with mexican swapmeet type shops.Alot of the stores are the same so when u walk out of one t-shirt shop you will see like 20 other t-shirt shops with the same names and **** . certain areas are like that which sucks bcuz we need variety. Thats like LA's main problem the gangs and so many illegal mexicans. but all that is going to change bcuz now LA is bring life to its downtown bcuz as you know it was on life support
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City