Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I understand what you are saying but I wasn't suggesting that people give out bad information . There are ways to to suggest that certain areas aren't great without being offensive or denigrating of folks who call it home.

There are also many people on this forum who make blanket, incorrect and offensive statements about entire boroughs of which they know almost nothing.It's like they drove across The Cross Bronx Expressway once, in 1976 and think they have seen The Bronx.It would be like if I went to the worst part of Newark once in my life and decided that was what all of New Jersey looked like and labeled the whole state a ghetto.
good point. its amazing that you have morons from nyc saying new jersey sucks. new jersey is a big state with lots of different types of areas.

i have friends from brooklyn that never leave brooklyn. we drove down to our summer house on long beach island, nj and they were amazed that the houses were 1 family houses. i doubt i would have even understood their questions if i didnt live in brooklyn for a while. i feel like so many people are isoltated in nyc and dont know anything outside of this world.

my brother has a friend that moved to ohio. he visited him there a couple of times. when you talk to people from nj/nyc area they think that anything between here and california is people living in shacks Mod cut: languagetheir cousins.

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-01-2009 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 03:42 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
..... its amazing that you have morons from nyc saying new jersey sucks. new jersey is a big state with lots of different types of areas.
I agree.So in reality New Jersey and The Bronx(and Brooklyn) have a lot in common.They each contain some of the best and some of the worst there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City