Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 AM

4 posts, read 15,555 times

Advertisements

yeah i agree breukelen houses have always been the worst part of canarsie where ever the kids from those projects went trouble followed..i remember some trouble from back in like 1986-1992 was the worst years for breukelen houses aka brookline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,150,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHobbes View Post
Can anyone tell me what this area is like? Which sections are better than others, is it safe? Thanks

Carnasie is predominately Haitians and Africans. The nearest subway station is most likely by the L train last stop (not the greatest subway line) or taking the bus towards the Q and B train station line which is quite far. The bus B82 runs by there and other bus lines off of the avenue by the L train station, the projects are on the other side of that area. Not the worst neighborhood in Brooklyn not so much the nicest neither.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,164 times
CANARSIE ALL DAY Bayview Til I Rest . Shoutout to all the 80s *****s

Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 792 times
I live in Breukelen Projects from 1965 to 2009. My mom and daughter still live there. Much has changed in Canarsie. The stores, the people and the monuments that defined the neighborhood. Something that hasn't changed is the pride of Breukelen PJ's. Most everyone knows everyone in the hood. Crime is no different then the crime of Bed Stuy, Brownsville or ENY PJ's. In the Fall/Winter the residents decorated the courts with holiday spirit and in the Spring/Summer season, you can see gardens of pretty flowers and plants. I am a Caucasian Puerto Rican who still takes pride in my old neighborhood and I walk through with knowing I'm still part of the neighborhood family. If I walked into a strange neighborhood, I would be cautious too. That does not mean I must label it as bad. Canarsie/Breukelen will always be my home no matter where a move too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: