Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 07:32 PM

88 posts, read 261,935 times

Advertisements

Gl to those still waitin to get called..let us know how you make out I also want to see who's in the nov 18th class with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 09:10 PM

23 posts, read 61,101 times
Congrats Captgombo. Im still waiting patiently for the call. Well maybe not so patiently lol.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:19 AM

8 posts, read 20,896 times
Hi Guys, i was there for the medical examination yesterday and i get the job!!
As justin and captgombo said, go in early get out early, you dony want to be there after 1:00 they go one hour lunch, i was there at 07:00 got out 13:32.
Got into 10/28 class
List # 149x so if captgombo has 152x that means they will call around 30 or 40 list numbers at time, so keep the hope up and GOOD LUCK fellas, We know how you feel we are all in the same "train"
@Captgombo, what ticket number you had (the one you received at front desk) I was A112 (btw they start calling at 100)
@justin, where can I check about the divisions and what should I check about it, distance from my home? How hard they are to learn? Different pay? Sorry for all the wuestions but im a little lost here and you seems to know better, thanks guys!!

Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 AM

88 posts, read 261,935 times
Urraca congrats man..I went on the web typed in nyc tranist yards there was a train fan website that had the addresses for all the yards and I went to google maps and got directions and it gives you the estimated times. The B Div a lot of yards are in Brooklyn so for me traveling in from CT at first makes no sense since A Div yards are in the Bronx. The pay is the same for both Div and the A is easier Div but has a shorter school car 3 mos less. So both have its perks. Gl whatever you do

Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 AM

47 posts, read 140,797 times
Congrats Urraca see you on the 28th i was ticket# 101 I was out the at 1300. thanks to this and other forums in helping me navigate the process it helps to be informed.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:08 PM

15 posts, read 38,394 times
Congrats Urraca !!!

I am list number 17xx so I may have a few more weeks before they call me which is fine.

Justin I didn't know about the different train yards let me look. The one in Brooklyn is closer to Staten Island where I'm at but I'd like to go with the easier class. Gonna look into that now. Do they ask u which one to pick on the day of medical?

Old 10-17-2013, 06:54 PM

22 posts, read 52,959 times
Hey guys, haven't posted in a minute, school car keeps me pretty busy.

Nervouswreck, even thought the A Division has a shorter training, it's no easier because you have more signals to remember then in the B Division. Yes, B division has more trains, but r32/r42 are almost the same, same for the r68/r68a, just a few minor differences. A Division yards are mainly in the Bronx, with one each in Brooklyn and Queens. When picking a division, it's best to pick one where yards are closer to you

Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouswreck View Post
Congrats Urraca !!!

I am list number 17xx so I may have a few more weeks before they call me which is fine.

Justin I didn't know about the different train yards let me look. The one in Brooklyn is closer to Staten Island where I'm at but I'd like to go with the easier class. Gonna look into that now. Do they ask u which one to pick on the day of medical?
Thanks man, when I iquired about my list number they told me they were calling 1445 and I should expect my call in two weeks, and they did, two weeks after I receive a call. keep the hope high!!!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captgombo View Post
Congrats Urraca see you on the 28th i was ticket# 101 I was out the at 1300. thanks to this and other forums in helping me navigate the process it helps to be informed.
thanks man, I was the guy with scared face and blue suit, hahaha...hope to see you in the orientation

Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 AM

13 posts, read 33,514 times
Seems like the list is moving quite nicely. I went in fit the D/T 9/9 and list number 1570's. haven't seen anyone post here who has went in on that date or 9/11. Hopefully that's a good sign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City