Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 13,543 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,
i would like some clarity on the rumors i am hearing,are they phasing out exam 2085 for the latest one exam 8098.I Hope this is not true because exam 2085 is not scheduled to expire until October 4,2010.please respond asap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
The current list is in effect until a new one is established. And that has nothing to do with the date for a new exam; new lists aren't established until well after the exam is given. You can always check with DCAS to see when this is going to happen.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:23 PM

243 posts, read 1,333,499 times
The 'rumor' I heard which I cannot substantiate and should not be taken as anything final or more than just a rumor - yet I got it from a source that I personally trust - is that nobody else is being called of 2085. However , you're best bet to get an accurate and reliable answer is to call the number for DCAS. They hired a lot off 2085 (I got hired off 2085 three years ago). I know a class just came out in the past week. Call the number and if that doesn't work , try and get a phone number to speak to someone in the department of personnel. I did that back when I was waiting and eventually I got to speak to someone live and I got a pretty close answer as to when I was going to get called which was only off by a few weeks. Good luck. PS - what Fred posted above is also accurate , they don't establish a new list from a test as soon as it was given , so it is possible despite the rumor that 2085 may continue to be active for a while - I don't know if anyone else will be hired off it or not though , but I am passing along to you what I have heard. You may get the call tomorrow , who knows. If I find out anything else I'll post back here. There is also another lengthy thread here about list 2085 buried somewhere that you may want to find and check as well.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM

6 posts, read 47,834 times
Can someone tell me the last time they had hire for Train Operators and when they are expecting to hire the next class? Will this be from the 2085 list as well? Thanks.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 AM

A new class just came out. I have no idea what list it was from, though.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 13,543 times
What's up MOTORMAN 2085
i heard unnofficially from a reliable source that they will probably still use 2085 until OCT'10
they have to just get thru this fiscal year which ends June 30.Starting July '10 transit should have a very good idea of how many T/O they are looking to hire over the next couple of months.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Thanks dave for the info. The 2085 list is expiring in Oct or Nov so that doesn't leave much time if they are currently in a hiring freeze.

Just want everyone to give their support to the 266 station agents that were laid offs. The judge ruling today requires MTA to keep all the booths open so hopefully this will require MTA to rehire them back. TWU and its members needs to give MTA and its boards a lesson that they won't forget, the next time they think they can do what they want without any consequences. Lets have solidarity in this time of crisis.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman2085 View Post
Just want everyone to give their support to the 266 station agents that were laid offs. The judge ruling today requires MTA to keep all the booths open so hopefully this will require MTA to rehire them back. TWU and its members needs to give MTA and its boards a lesson that they won't forget, the next time they think they can do what they want without any consequences. Lets have solidarity in this time of crisis.
Sincere thanks from your friendly local tower operator!

As to the portion of your post I highlighted--unfortunately, we must always remember that the final "A" in MTA stands for "Authority." There's a legal distinction in that designation; they actually aren't accountable to anyone, and that includes the public they're supposed to be serving, except for the Governor. They most certainly do think they can do what they want. The silver lining in the cloud is that outside forces (public, TWU, Governor) can sometimes inject a little reality into their fantasy world.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:29 AM

Anyone has an update on the next T/O hiring date and which list they will be hiring from? Thanks. I know people have gotten their list number for the new 8098 T/O exam already and the 2085 list is suppose to be retired in Oct. Are there many OT for T/O which would require them to have a class soon?

Old 07-04-2015, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,618 times
Anybody knows what was the last list number they reached on the Train Operator exam 2085? Thanks in advance guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: