Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM

180 posts, read 335,365 times

Advertisements

I love zipcar..

I find myself renting them for the day just to drive around the city and mess around in.

I typically rent the 3-series and they've always been full with gas, have always been clean and have always been readily available. Plus, I like the fact that each car I've rented has always had an adaptor for my iPhone/pod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM

991 posts, read 1,770,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
I've had very positive experiences. I ran late once and was able to call and let them know - luckily they were able ot just extend the reservation. Gas and insurance included is great, so is the easypass that comes in the car (you are billed later for tolls). Car was always there for me. The garage I used in Jamaica had no attendants on the weekend but it was easy to find the car myself.
It's a $50 penalty if the car is late and there is a reservation after yours. It only gets extended without charge if there is no reservation that overlaps with the extension.

It's all fairly cost effective and most of the garages that have Zipcars because the Zipcars are permanent parks you don't have to wait for drop off. Just leave it, lock it and then they will deal with it.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM

991 posts, read 1,770,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo111 View Post
One area zipcar rental lacks is the max mileage per day if you borrow it for multiple days. 180mile per day isn't enough for a roadtrip or say a visit to family in Phildelphia from NYC.

Please do note though Hertz do have competitive service I think its called Hertz Gold which is hourly rental. But really Zipcar is king when it comes to hourly rentals.
The 180 miles per day is enough if you are going for 2 days but even then the excess mileage charge is not prohibitive.

The Hertz equivalent is Hertz on Demand which works exactly the same as Zipcar. Nicer cars usually but a little more expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: