Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 AM

184 posts, read 339,336 times

Advertisements

it's ok...i don't take it personal...i passed up #6063 in 2008 and the previous exam in 2003 only because my kid was still young and the pay cut was too drastic....just in a better position financially to take the hit this time around

Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 AM

231 posts, read 466,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
it's ok...i don't take it personal...i passed up #6063 in 2008 and the previous exam in 2003 only because my kid was still young and the pay cut was too drastic....just in a better position financially to take the hit this time around
You don't need to explain yourself to anyone on here. You scored very well and earned the right to wait for the 2nd round of hiring. Good Luck to you. If you got any questions about the job, ask away on here or privately. this website was very helpful for when i got hired in '08.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 PM

58 posts, read 106,573 times
So has anybody gotten any word on hiring at all? I did everything and got everything what's next???

Old 11-09-2010, 03:30 PM

11 posts, read 21,822 times
Hey guys I'm new posting here but I've been checkin this forum on and off to see if were getting any bottom guys. I got on sanitation back in 05.I'm happy for u guys that are about to come on but I wanna give u a piece of advice keep good relationships with your old jobs just in case they hire u for the winter and decide to lay guys off come summer time. The city is in a big fiscal crisis even guys that came on in 08 are a little nervous. If that ever happens you will get your job back the city has to hire u back first before any other hiring. I'm not trying to scare u I've been hearing layoffs when I just got on too. But take the job and atleast you'll haveyour foot in the door. I'm happy fir y'all it's the best move I ever made. Just remember if you're employed currently leave in good circumstances so worst Case scenario u can go back temporarily.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:05 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,072,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
Yea, 3 chances, not necessarily 3 classes. After someone declines, they have to reinstate their number to be called again. People like you shouldnt criticize someone who did very well on a test and allowed them the opportunity to decline and still get hired before you. They earned that right by scoring well or getting the extra points for serving their country. Maybe these people who declined had something going on in their lives where they couldnt take the job when they were called, or maybe they just felt like going fishing that day. Its their choice, they earned it by paying the same fee you did to take the same test. They just did better.
Right, and the keyword here is "reinstate" otherwise they will pass you up when the next class comes around. Just because somebody scored great on the exam doesn't mean that they will be fit to be a sanitation worker, how many people got picked off from the first 2 classes again? just saying........

Old 11-09-2010, 04:28 PM

7 posts, read 13,179 times
I heard today in the Garage from guys that went to the last Union meeting that was held this past Monday, that the (Foremen/Retitled-Demotion) may not take place at all !!! It seems that the foremen that are still on probation can be demoted without a problem, because they actually don't have their new positions yet and are still San Workers. Now the Foremen who have finished their probation period can't have their titles taken from them because they had taken and passed a city exam to be promoted and that it would be illegal to proceed with the Retitled-Demotion process...
The New Class of 100 San Workers are a GO! They should start in December, January or as late as February ! Nothing sounds definite with this whole Statement... My personal opinion is that its still up in the air and can change at a moments notice.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:09 PM

54 posts, read 110,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxsanitlist View Post
does anyone have the number for fbf?
718-758-7977

Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 PM

9 posts, read 19,175 times
My son was called for medical last week, passed everything,but was told today he failed the x ray test for his back, with a grade 1 spondylolisthesis. as of now they took him off the list . He passed the last medical he took about 10 months ago,
My son never had a back problem and was in the army a few years ago and even passed the exam for the police department. what should we do now?? he is 30 years old

Old 11-09-2010, 07:41 PM

146 posts, read 259,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjoe View Post
My son was called for medical last week, passed everything,but was told today he failed the x ray test for his back, with a grade 1 spondylolisthesis. as of now they took him off the list . He passed the last medical he took about 10 months ago,
My son never had a back problem and was in the army a few years ago and even passed the exam for the police department. what should we do now?? he is 30 years old
unfortunately these doctor are not going to be responsible for anything that could hurt the worker or injure the public he would have to apeal and that is money and time and almost always for physical things like that impossible to overturn especially back issues when the job is all about that sorry fgood luck

Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 PM

335 posts, read 748,867 times
passed my medical... now i just got to wait... and hope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City