Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2008, 12:13 PM

4 posts, read 10,400 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are thinking about relocating from Bergen County (Hillsdale) to Tuxedo. We have seen a couple homes we like and both are in the Monroe-Woodbury schools system (Pine Tree Elem.).

IS this a good district?

Besides Northern Bergen County, what are the other 'bigger' towns nearby (for shopping, restaurants)?

Is Tuxedo a 'family town'? We have a 1.5 year old and are expecting # 2 in the fall?

Any other info would be appreciated.

THANKS,
Brenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 8,985 times
hi, i go to monroe woodbury school district but i live in tuxedo. tuxedo is a nice, quite and a smalltown. but monroe central valley are also great areas. monroe woodbury is a great school district one of the best school districts in new york state. the athletic program and extra-curricular activities are also very well. out of the 3 monroe woodbury schools are better and is another semi-small town where everyone knows everyone. i would recommend moving to monroe, harriman, central valler or highland mills because of the academics and the town size. not to mention the woodbury commons

Old 02-05-2010, 01:17 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,857,672 times
can anyone explain tuxedo ny a little to me?

what is the difference between tuxedo and tuxedo park?

is there a grocery store in town?

why do some places within tuxedo go to monroe woodbury and others go to george baker?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,066 times
Tuxedo "Park" itself is a gated community. If you live within the park or within the limits of the village, your address will still be Tuxedo Park... it is the name of our town. The zip code is the same if you address an envelope Tuxedo or Tuxedo Park. There is a dividing line somewhere that governs whether you are sending your children to Baker or M/W.....I don't have anyone in the school system but know that they are both excellent schools! There is a small grocer in town for what I call emergencies.... overpriced for a large cart....but our markets are 15 minutes away in either direction. Don't feel that this is a 1 horse town... EVERYTHING is close enough! We love it here... Tuxedo is a nature lover's dream! If you would like to see our home please post your email address, as we are looking to retire.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:56 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,857,672 times
stupid question but where would you go to the grocery store?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM

76 posts, read 174,242 times
Is George Baker on par with Monroe-Woodbury High School? From that I heard, Greenwood Lake students also go to George Baker and Greenwood Lake always seemed like a less than stellar town.

Also, does George Baker students offer sports like football to students?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM

715 posts, read 2,508,821 times
From what I have gathered, George Baker High School in Tuxedo is a good school. Those coming from the Greenwood Lake may soon be sent to Warwick or Monroe-Woodbury High School though, reducing the student population at GB HS.

*See: Campaign To Remain

Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 PM

211 posts, read 431,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai01 View Post
Is George Baker on par with Monroe-Woodbury High School? From that I heard, Greenwood Lake students also go to George Baker and Greenwood Lake always seemed like a less than stellar town.

Also, does George Baker students offer sports like football to students?
No football, very limited sports at G.B. For Football you have to go to the bigger districts M-W, Middletown, Warwick, Valley Central, Newburgh to name a few

Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,457 times
Default Woodbury junction and kiryus Joel

Anybody know how big the buffer property is between Woodbury junction and kiryus Joel. Thinking of buying at Woodbury junction but skeptical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York