Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 PM

65 posts, read 429,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plattsburgher View Post
I know a couple of people that do that job and sometimes the "cake" assignments are the ones that have no one else around (those lonely outposts). Some of them take books to read when not busy and I know of at least one person that actually takes a Powerbook computer and can watch movies. How secure does that make you feel?

Quote:
Personally, I would be more worried about the US/Mexico border than a lonely crossing in northern NY. If you are going to sneak across the CAN/US border you can just walk across fields in many places in NY/VT/NH/ME.

And you are right about that house. It is located somewhere in Vermont and one half of the house is in the US and the other half is located in Canada. I read about it just a month or so ago..........How strange is that?????
The place in Fort Covington is between NY and QC. In Rock Island/Derby Line QC/VT there is an opera house/libary on the border and a couple of houses that the border goes right through. There is also a farm in VT that is half in VT and half in QC. There is a now closed general store the straddles the border. Interesting stuff. In St. Regis, QC the border seems invisible w/o any border formalities and it is hard to figure out where the border is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 27,126 times
Hi,

Does anyone commute from Champlain to Montreal ona daily basis? Im considering doing this, and was hoping to get some feedback?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York