Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 06:33 PM

93,290 posts, read 123,898,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
To be fair, 75% of the time, 100+ people will read a post and this is the only person who tries to help. Maybe if others would engage more, they won't seem like they are "monopolizing".
Basically and I'll leave it at that, as I think there is more to that post........

To be honest, there is likely a procedure in order to have a Hudson Valley forum created on C-D. More on this topic: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...ley-forum.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...um-hudson.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...on-valley.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...sub-forum.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 06:45 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,036 times
Quote:
I think we need one.
Why?

Old 06-23-2017, 07:41 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,020,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Why?
Because many people live here and many more are thinking about the area since they are priced out of NYC and westchester. The area is too big to just get lopped in the general NY forum.
We need stickies about areas, distance to NYC, rural/urban, pictures, etc instead of someone asking for info every few months only to get a short answer without really being able to discuss the towns.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:20 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,257,817 times
Does anyone monitor the New York forum? CT has a guy named Jay. I haven't noticed anybody here.

And yes, we should have Hudson Valley forum. I guess that would be Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Columbia, Greene and Delaware counties.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,030,194 times
Quote:
To be fair, 75% of the time, 100+ people will read a post and this is the only person who tries to help. Maybe if others would engage more, they won't seem like they are "monopolizing".
That's why I said I don't mean any disrespect. I've looked at many of ckh's posts. I've even rep'd a few. I see many people are appreciative of his posts. It's just many times I come here to see something new, maybe related to my area of NY and I see some of the same old threads back on the top, some with the same themes . . .

I'd like a Hudson Valley thread because this area is different than other areas north and west. I can go back and forth to NYC or Boston before I can be in Buffalo. CKH can post to his hearts content on the NY forum. I'd still check out some of his posts. But I'd like a place just for the HV.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:01 AM

This answers the question: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...ums-added.html

So, a way to get one started is to create threads that are Hudson Valley specific. So, perhaps a poster can start a Hudson Valley construction, tourism, housing, schools, nightlife, history or events threads. That could get the ball rolling for a sub forum.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:20 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q44 View Post
Just dropping by to say hello from Columbia County. I thought I was in the Hudson Valley too.
I was going to include Columbia and Greene, too, but then I thought, what if they insisted in being a part of the potential Albany-Schenectady sub-forum. I erred, sorry 'bout that.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:03 PM

I also thought about perhaps someone creating a thread that is just Hudson Valley specific where people can ask questions, present information about the region that residents or those interested in the area.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:00 AM

Here is an edition of Orange Magazine, which offers some insight into that part of the Hudson Valley: Times Herald-Record

More editions of the magazine: Orange Magazine Digital Edition

Old 04-24-2020, 08:41 PM

62 posts, read 33,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q44 View Post
Just dropping by to say hello from Columbia County. I thought I was in the Hudson Valley too.
Northern Dutchess and Columbia County are the gem of the Hudson Valley. There's no stretch of land in America more beautiful than that land along the Hudson extending from River Rd, Rhinebeck, Dutchess on over and up to Woods Rd, Tivoli and into Germantown, Columbia County. It's the best of the best, since the days of the Livingstons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York