Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:42 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times

Advertisements

I don't feel like reading your posts they remind me of the T-Party responders who post an entire diatribe over one statement. I grew up in the county and don't need a history lesson on Monsey. Regardless of how it was legally classified whether it was a town/village/hamlet it was nice when I was growing up and its not any longer. New Square already existed and there was no issues, we would go and shop in Spring Valley but those days are long gone.

There was no concern about expansion of their communities in the 70's that I ever heard of much of that started in the 80's and since then it has been downhill wherever they reside. Every poster has stated in whatever wording that they wouldn't recommend Monroe because of the potential problems that KJ will create or having that type of community nearby.

You have stated:
"I would not avoid the Town of Monroe simply because KJ is nearby. There is no reason to".
"If people irrationally tell other people to not move there. That is what affects home values and quality of life. Not an entirely self contained municipality nearby that is just different"
" I have never once had a negative experience with them, have never seen them do anything close to inappropriate or antisocial,",
"I mean no one, has yet to identify a single item that would affect quality of life ".

So because you have no negative experiences then your find everyone else is wrong and you have no concerns with them being nearby because "The environment where I live is fine
Maybe you are associated with them and "you are doing their bidding" as you accused others .......
Don't bother to respond as we will never agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 09:17 PM

973 posts, read 1,411,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I don't feel like reading your posts they remind me of the T-Party responders who post an entire diatribe over one statement. I grew up in the county and don't need a history lesson on Monsey. Regardless of how it was legally classified whether it was a town/village/hamlet it was nice when I was growing up and its not any longer. New Square already existed and there was no issues, we would go and shop in Spring Valley but those days are long gone.

There was no concern about expansion of their communities in the 70's that I ever heard of much of that started in the 80's and since then it has been downhill wherever they reside. Every poster has stated in whatever wording that they wouldn't recommend Monroe because of the potential problems that KJ will create or having that type of community nearby.

You have stated:
"I would not avoid the Town of Monroe simply because KJ is nearby. There is no reason to".
"If people irrationally tell other people to not move there. That is what affects home values and quality of life. Not an entirely self contained municipality nearby that is just different"
" I have never once had a negative experience with them, have never seen them do anything close to inappropriate or antisocial,",
"I mean no one, has yet to identify a single item that would affect quality of life ".

So because you have no negative experiences then your find everyone else is wrong and you have no concerns with them being nearby because "The environment where I live is fine
Maybe you are associated with them and "you are doing their bidding" as you accused others .......
Don't bother to respond as we will never agree.
The problem for you is that we do agree on most things discussed herein. You just disagree with the straw man you have created.

You say you don’t need a history lesson on Monsey, but yet you don’t disagree with what I said. That’s because I have spoken the truth and you know it. As you stated, Monsey used to be nice, but not anymore. I likewise went shopping in SV when I was kid. I don’t now as an adult. And yes, New Square was New Square back then. I agree, and my “history lesson” as you have called it comports with this. The important question is why did Monsey become what it has become. I have offered a reasonable explanation. You have not offered an afternative one. I presume such because you know I have been correct. In sum, we agree 100% on what happened in the ERSD and why it happened? And we agree 100% that none of this has happened in Rockland outside the ERSD. So why have we had such a back and forth? Because you continuously argued with a straw man.

Although this post has been, for you, relatively free of straw man tactics, it hasn’t been completely void of it either. I don’t think everyone else is wrong. Where are you getting that from? When people have stated things that are objectively wrong (like when you and one other said they have destroyed Rockland when instead they have destroyed just one part of it), I have identified such as being wrong. At least you have agreed that I was correct about them only destroying the ERSD. My disagreements have not been tied to my lack of negative experiences with the Hasidim. Even if one of them stared at my daughter at a big box store like what happened to you, truth is truth.

I also agree when you say it has been downhill where ever they reside. But they don’t reside in my town or SD so it hasn’t gone downhill. You have conceded this point in your previous post. I don’t consider them as residing where I live. They live elsewhere, and as we both agree, it sucks there because of them.

I have had no negative experiences with them. You have quoted me correctly. But the truth is that I haven’t had really any experiences with them at all. They don’t live where I live and don’t come into my community. I don’t consider waking by them at the PCM to be an “experience” with them. Positive or negative.

You seem weirdly fixated on my statement that the environment is fine where I live. I have no idea why. What precisely is bad about the environment in Rockland outside of the ERSD? As for whatever you may come up with, how precisely did the Hasidim cause it?

Once you pare away your repeated straw man arguments, not much is left. You have not actually refuted anything I have said and we actually agree, believe it or not. Especially as to Rockland. Sure, you disagree with the straw man you have created, but not to anything I have actually said. As for KJ and Palm Tree, you have resurrected that for your own purposes, once you realize you have been wasting your time inventing, and arguing with, straw men. That discussion was halted, and we have reignited the thread with instead a discussion about Rockland that, at least to me, has been a separate one even though it’s in the same thread. Nonetheless, there we disagree. I think the MWSD can remain a viable community separate from PT, which will have its own SD and Town. You disagree. A few others disagree as well. I know some who see it my way though. It’s ok to disagree on this. What happens will happen. But as I have stated in the initial part of this thread, using Monsey as a comparable is just plain wrong, because Monsey is in the same town and SD as the originating Hasidic population, while such will not be true with PT and MWSD. This is a material difference. Nonetheless, the end results can be the same even if the two situations are very different. And to anticipate a forthcoming straw man argument, I never said that it was impossible for the MWSD to become ERSD 2.0. Just that the comparisons people made were not valid.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:32 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
^^^
No one in their right mind would choose to live near a community filled with a bunch of nonworking, rude, welfare cheats who pop out kids every 9 months for us to feed and don't give a damn about anyone outside of their group.
The end.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:02 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
^^^
No one in their right mind would choose to live near a community filled with a bunch of nonworking, rude, welfare cheats who pop out kids every 9 months for us to feed and don't give a damn about anyone outside of their group.
The end.
~~~Close Thread

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-07-2018, 06:04 AM

973 posts, read 1,411,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
^^^
The end.
Define “near”.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:35 AM

2,466 posts, read 2,764,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
Your so stupid you don’t even realize you are doing their bidding. And when did I ever say that I wanted them as neighbors. Please learn how to read. I just would not avoid a SD/town that was otherwise my first choice simply because there was a Hasidic community nearby but in a separate SD/town. All you have been able to come up with in this inane thread is that on occasion a Hasidic male stared at your daughter and didn’t hold the door open for you at a store. So you therefore feel compelled to tell people to not move to Monroe? How far away must the Hasidim be before a community gets your stamp of approval?

The Hasidic community relies on people like you. With your posts you have done far worse to the good people of the MWSD than any Hasidic has done. Congratulations!!
😂😂 You may want to work on your grammar before lambasting another poster.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:41 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
The amazing thing is, the Hasidic communities there really don't want goyim anywhere near or in their communities to begin with. And they've made that very clear. This would normally be a case of "we'll leave you alone, you leave us alone, and everyone's happy." Except for the astronomical birth rates they have causing them to need more housing space. Personally I think they should just build up rather than out.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
The amazing thing is, the Hasidic communities there really don't want goyim anywhere near or in their communities to begin with. And they've made that very clear. This would normally be a case of "we'll leave you alone, you leave us alone, and everyone's happy." Except for the astronomical birth rates they have causing them to need more housing space. Personally I think they should just build up rather than out.
Yes, but they still have to use the areas outside their compound. They drive on the roads, often without insurance or valid licenses. They also notoriously hit and run or give false information at the scene. They park very close to you in lots and don't care about dinging your car while you're right there. They take items out of your carts, they treat salespeople like trash, the men believe they don't have to wait in lines, etc.
If they can build a Walmart, Shoprite, and every other necessity in KJ that'd be one thing.
It's also annoying when you see the men walking around the pond during work hours when you know that you're feeding his kids.
Btw, they do build up. Haven't you been to KJ?

Old 06-08-2018, 04:56 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
That's not all that "up."

Old 06-08-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
That's not all that "up."
There's likely zoning issues that prevent them from going too high, but I'm not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York