Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 03:59 PM

229 posts, read 317,395 times

Advertisements

Seems to me that you want to move to Norway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 11:09 AM

93,402 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post
Remote / work from home since 2014. Income $150,000 with good savings and no debt. I like a combination of beautiful natural setting and nice man-made environment too. So for example, being surrounded by waterfalls, lakes, trees, hills and also cute downtown areas, well-kept properties, good variety of restaurants. We don't need nightlife, big events, or proximity to airport. We do want convenient access to stuff we need for everyday life. For community we are looking for a law-abiding, considerate, respectful population. Would like to be able to blend in and not feel "in the spotlight" as new residents. I like privacy and anonymity. Would not want to feel pressure to become part of a tight-knit community, always running into people I know and getting stuck in conversations when I'm just trying to run an errand or take a walk.
I'd also say to look at places in the Finger Lakes region such as Canandaigua, Penn Yan, Geneva, Seneca Falls/Waterloo, parts of Auburn(its SE/eastern portion into Melrose park(cdp) and Skaneateles. Maybe even Geneseo, which is a smaller college town just west of the westernmost Finger Lake and is close to highway access to more in the Rochester suburbs(Henrietta).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York