Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 09:12 AM

5,679 posts, read 4,081,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Sure and don’t disagree, but the fact still is that FL and TX sent migrants to NY and other Northeastern states.
To be fair, let's not start this story in the middle. They didn't just show up in Texas and Florida. Some one (s) delivered these "asylum" seekers to the Mexican American boarder, most likely passing though other countries. As the Federal boarder control agents are allowing these people in, the blame should be on the "chief law enforcement officer", the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2023, 09:35 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
To be fair, they were sent to the state by way of other states.
And to be fair, NY has sent some to Canada and to other states.
NY isnt innocent in this despite blaming other states while simultaneously claiming that we welcome all.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:39 AM

93,197 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
NY isnt innocent in this despite blaming other states while simultaneously claiming that we welcome all.
True, but I’m just stating where the issue was initially created. Some of that is due to states of emergency by select counties in the state as well.

Old 07-02-2023, 10:34 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
True, but I’m just stating where the issue was initially created. Some of that is due to states of emergency by select counties in the state as well.
As others have said the issue started with the Feds and even before that candidate Biden who encouraged people to come here. That coupled with NY politicians encouraging sanctuary status and very generous benefits compared to other states and it is no wonder when asylum seekers are asked where they want to go to they reply NY.

I wonder if instead of a hotel room they got a tent in Central Park if so many would want to come to NY.

Old 07-02-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
As others have said the issue started with the Feds and even before that candidate Biden who encouraged people to come here. That coupled with NY politicians encouraging sanctuary status and very generous benefits compared to other states and it is no wonder when asylum seekers are asked where they want to go to they reply NY.

I wonder if instead of a hotel room they got a tent in Central Park if so many would want to come to NY.
Yes it started with the Feds, but it has been going on well before Biden and during administrations of both presidents from both of the major parties.

No matter what NY pols say or do, the fact remains that those two states sent the migrants to NY and many other northern states. That is the secondary source of the current migrant issue in NY. That is all I’m saying and can be verified.

Old 07-02-2023, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Weird that they have the money to bring in these people, and put them up in hotels, feed them, give them phones and medical care, at the same time our veterans are abandoned, homelessness is running rampant and we are constantly threatened with cuts in SS, and tax hikes.

Old 07-02-2023, 12:32 PM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
To be fair, let's not start this story in the middle. They didn't just show up in Texas and Florida. Some one (s) delivered these "asylum" seekers to the Mexican American border, most likely passing though other countries. As the Federal border control agents are allowing these people in, the blame should be on the "chief law enforcement officer", the president.
Bingo!!

Quote:
I, for one, certainly didn't "welcome all"!!!

Quote:
Yes it started with the Feds, but it has been going on well before Biden and during administrations of both presidents from both of the major parties.

No matter what NY pols say or do, the fact remains that those two states sent the migrants to NY and many other northern states. That is the secondary source of the current migrant issue in NY. That is all I’m saying and can be verified.
Excuse me, but didn't a certain POTUS begin to build a wall??

Old 07-02-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Bingo!!

I, for one, certainly didn't "welcome all"!!!

Excuse me, but didn't a certain POTUS begin to build a wall??
If so, why are people still able to come in? Ironically, he used said labor at his properties as well.

Anyway, to get back to the topic, I’m wondering if the result will be similar later in the year where a deficit was projected, but there ended up being a surplus like last year?

Old 07-02-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
If so, why are people still able to come in? Ironically, he used said labor at his properties as well.
Trump commissioned the building of the wall. It was started. I don't know how much was finished, but the materials lie in waiting for the next president to have them erected.
As for the other, you must be kidding me.

Old 07-02-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Anyway, to get back to the topic, I’m wondering if the result will be similar later in the year where a deficit was projected, but there ended up being a surplus like last year?
Creative accounting, most likely. Plus no covid money either. Can't blame Republicans, as they have no power in NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: