Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2018, 03:44 PM

261 posts, read 221,940 times

Advertisements

Happy holidays everyone.

I am planning a trip to New York. Where in particular? No idea. Why? I guess to get away from a very turmoil and unfriendly situation at home and also a chance for me to focus on me and do what I want to do.
I don't drive.

I am a foody (vegetarian/kosher/halal). But I also want to explore some of the sights like broadway, Carlo's Bakery, go to a few good pizza places and be in good areas/company of people.

Somewhere obviously decent, mid to upscale type of places. Maybe even potential places to meet people of the opposite gender (although this is not the primary reason!)

Any ideas or thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 04:37 PM

93,821 posts, read 124,582,792 times
Are you looking for something just in NYC or anywhere in the state?

Old 12-25-2018, 04:41 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,567,539 times
go watch a show on Broadway and get drunk, wake up with a stranger and go home and never speak of it again

hits all your points: show, food, people

Old 12-25-2018, 06:30 PM

MLSFan: HA. funny.

no drinking! I don't sleep around either.... negative on that!

NYC would be good for sure. I have never been (I am from the U.K and moved to the US in the state of WA 2 years ago).
I am open however. But I don't drive so transport should be easy i.e trains, uber, walking.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:59 AM

43,785 posts, read 44,554,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul2015 View Post
Happy holidays everyone.

I am planning a trip to New York. Where in particular? No idea. Why? I guess to get away from a very turmoil and unfriendly situation at home and also a chance for me to focus on me and do what I want to do.
I don't drive.

I am a foody (vegetarian/kosher/halal). But I also want to explore some of the sights like broadway, Carlo's Bakery, go to a few good pizza places and be in good areas/company of people.

Somewhere obviously decent, mid to upscale type of places. Maybe even potential places to meet people of the opposite gender (although this is not the primary reason!)

Any ideas or thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Are you looking for something just in NYC or anywhere in the state?
If OP interested in visiting only NYC (rather than NY State), they need to post their question on the NYC forum rather than here (the NY State forum)!

Old 12-26-2018, 11:09 AM

Only reason I did that was because I was unsure and that I am open minded

Old 12-31-2018, 04:57 PM

37,273 posts, read 39,586,354 times
Well, what’s your budget and how much time are you slotting? There are a lot of interesting and walkable in the state and many are connected via the Empire Service Amtrak train services. You might start from Buffalo and make your way through some of the cities down to NYC. That could be a really fun trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: