Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 AM

12 posts, read 24,057 times

Advertisements

I will be moving here soon and would like some thoughts on how the area is from people who live here. No kids so schools aren't an issue. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,832 times
Default Camper/Staff

I spent a couple of weeks there every summer from being a very young child through my teens from the early 60's. So many memories!

I found this FB page but there is nothing on it?

Deerpark Lodge in Cuddebackville, NY | Facebook

Old 02-23-2013, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,790 times
Default Deer Park Farms

Wow! Just saw these posts and cant believe it. I went every summer from 1953, as baby and stopped when I had been a counscellor in 1970.It was the best part of my childhood. I have driven thru many times after it closed but now that the bulidings are gone I wont go back. On one of my drive thrus I saw Arriane who was still living in the house on the grounds she grew up in.. Her father was there with her and he had altzheimers and her mother had died. It was very sad to see her living in a place that was had been alive and now was empty If the person looking for Hildy reads this, I worked with her and she and her family lived in Patterson NJ. Dont know where she is now.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,452 times
To Arianne. I haven't looked at this website in years and I just revisited it. We used to go the DPF in the mid-sixties. I recall hanging out with you and another camper-Rickie. The camp, as I recall , was pretty well organized. I remmber the walking trips into Cudebackville once a week and going to that old fashioned general store. I remember that your brother Danny had a bicycle with a truck steeing wheel welded in place of handlebars. Also the dogs that used to chase every car that drove through the property. Amazing the stuff you recall.
My last visit to DPF was back in the mid 1980s as an adult. I spoke with you then about the good old days.
Hope all is well with you.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,305 times
I'm in tears reading these posts! I'm not sure how many summer my family went up for, I was super young, however, still now, at 44 years old, when I walk by a diner and smell the bacon grease and the like, I'm immediately brought back to "Park Park Lodge" as I called it.
We still say "wahlihberl" instead of "Volleyball", just as Romeo did. And oh man.. Bethann1181 put me over the top with the pennies on the railroad tracks. And the hay ride!!! I wish I could take my kids there.... Thanks for the memories!

Old 09-08-2015, 07:54 PM

8 posts, read 7,365 times
Default robertct67

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertct67 View Post
I used to go there (DPF) with my parents, back in the mid 60s. I recall it was run by the Monsiuer (spelling) family. I used to hang out with their daughter, Arian or Ariel- something. Lots of great memories.
hi am ariane moncheur you said you use to hand out with me who are you .please write me back

Old 09-08-2015, 07:55 PM

hi to any one who use to go to dpf am ariane moncheur

Old 10-20-2015, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,077 times
Yesterday I had lunch with an old friend and we started talking about Deerpark Farm. Out of curiosity I googled it and found this forum. Boy did it bring back wonderful memories! I'm Suzanne. I used to go there with my family for a week every summer and sometimes at Christmas time since I was 10. I worked in the Children's dining room with Laura Burger and Andy Bogen during the summer of 1972. That summer I got my ears pierced by a counselor named Donna and I learned how to horseback ride at the trail riding place nearby. I worked again at Christmas. I went back in the late 80's with my son and I'm so glad that he got to experience it. I remember that when we were there the mules from the next property got loose and Ariane had to walk us back to our room :-)

I remember the ghost story that one of the counselors told "The Boy With The White Hair" that made me almost jump out of my skin. I also remember every word to the song The Golden Vanity and I remember the painting of the ship on butcher block paper that hung in the camp house. There were the trips to the rock quarry where we found fool's gold, the trips to hidden lake where we were told the legend of the lake , the hike into town to buy penny candy at the general store and the hikes up the mountain to put pennies on the track.

In the summer we played "hares and hounds" and in the winter we went toboganning and ice skated.

I remember so many of the staff and guests: The Bogens, the Graffeo's, Chuck, Shmoo, Shmoo' girlfriend Holly, The Pauls, Lester, Lisa, The Barras Brothers, The Beemer sisters and so many more!! A lot of families! And of course Ariane, who I idolized because she knew how to drive at 14.

I would love to hear from anyone there in the let 60's and early 70's. And if there's ever reunion, please let me know. I'm still friendly with 2 people who were there as guests who I'm sure would love to come too.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:56 PM

Default ariane

hay who are you am ariane send me your email so we can talk i will tell you what happen to dpf hope to here from you.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzPr View Post
Yesterday I had lunch with an old friend and we started talking about Deerpark Farm. Out of curiosity I googled it and found this forum. Boy did it bring back wonderful memories! I'm Suzanne. I used to go there with my family for a week every summer and sometimes at Christmas time since I was 10. I worked in the Children's dining room with Laura Burger and Andy Bogen during the summer of 1972. That summer I got my ears pierced by a counselor named Donna and I learned how to horseback ride at the trail riding place nearby. I worked again at Christmas. I went back in the late 80's with my son and I'm so glad that he got to experience it. I remember that when we were there the mules from the next property got loose and Ariane had to walk us back to our room :-)

I remember the ghost story that one of the counselors told "The Boy With The White Hair" that made me almost jump out of my skin. I also remember every word to the song The Golden Vanity and I remember the painting of the ship on butcher block paper that hung in the camp house. There were the trips to the rock quarry where we found fool's gold, the trips to hidden lake where we were told the legend of the lake , the hike into town to buy penny candy at the general store and the hikes up the mountain to put pennies on the track.

In the summer we played "hares and hounds" and in the winter we went toboganning and ice skated.

I remember so many of the staff and guests: The Bogens, the Graffeo's, Chuck, Shmoo, Shmoo' girlfriend Holly, The Pauls, Lester, Lisa, The Barras Brothers, The Beemer sisters and so many more!! A lot of families! And of course Ariane, who I idolized because she knew how to drive at 14.

I would love to hear from anyone there in the let 60's and early 70's. And if there's ever reunion, please let me know. I'm still friendly with 2 people who were there as guests who I'm sure would love to come too.
hay am ariane you can fine me on face book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York