Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 01:41 AM

3 posts, read 11,478 times

Advertisements

Has anybody lived or visited Narrowsburg? If so, what's it like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 03:03 AM

539 posts, read 215,708 times
Haven't been to Narrowsburg, but have been in the neighborhood- Yulan, Barryville, Eldred, Hughland Lakes, Shohola on the PA side of the river. Have been going there from downstate for the last 30 years. As far as I'm concerned, I think it's some of the most beautiful country in NY State. Don't know if you're going for a job or pleasure, but I know the winters are a little rough in the mountains up there, moderate amount of snow, and can get quite cold. My girlfriend has a sister who built a house about 10 minutes on the other side of the Delaware in PA. Also nice over there in Hawley. Area is slightly depressed financially, time has pretty much passed them by. Your profile says you are in Hattiesburg. Funny, my ex-mother-in-law and her husband moved down there to Vancleave almost six years ago. She has told me many times about Hattiesburg. Good luck in your info gathering and decision making.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM

50 posts, read 139,095 times
I don't know what you are looking for, we live not far from Narrowsburg, not a real lot there, a school, play house, furniture store, library, feed mill, funeral home, post office, some places to eat, high priced antique shops, art gallery, real estate office, fire station, Pecks Grocery Store, a quick mart, Fort Delaware and things I'm sure I'm missing. Most of this is on the main street which isn't real big. If you are looking for a quiet little town you might be happy there, if you are looking for alot of action I don't think it's the place you'd be interested in. The town is mostly made up of real old buildings that have been fixed over, some done in a nice way, some they've made a mess out of. It is in a depressed area, if you are looking for a job you might not have the best of luck. Real estate prices are high all over this area, not alot is selling but the prices stay high, a house down the road from us is on the market for 1.5 million. The river is there and that's pretty and there are eagles flying around. In my opinion and it's only my opinion the eagles are the best part of Narrowsburg.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,100 times
love, love , love Narrowsburg. I live in NYC but I have visited Narrowsburg several times. I think the area is beautiful and Narrowsburg is a perfectly charming town. There are just enough things to do: 2 good restaurants, a few galleries, and some cute home stores and a great clothing store for men and women. To me, Narrowsburg is authentic and lovely. I highly recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York