Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 AM

128 posts, read 323,017 times

Advertisements

Can anyone share which towns in this county are the best to move to?

Is there any particular area that is considered more wealthier than another? I know it's all very rural.
Good Schools are important!!!!! I have been around the Potsdam and Maseena areas however nowhere else in the county.

Many Thanks in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 PM

518 posts, read 2,013,340 times
Post Don't mean to be sarcastic, but

aren't those the only two cities/towns in that county? Massena seems larger if only because if you cross the bridge (when you can........) you are in Cornwall with its own community and amenities..........there may be someone from the St Lawrence seaway region but the only town I know of is Clayton and it is pretty tiny.............See if the county itself has its own website with info...........??????

Old 06-12-2009, 12:27 PM

93,237 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Maybe the college towns of Potsdam and Canton. Ogdensburg might not be too bad, as it is across the St. Lawrence River from Canada too. Places like Gouverneur and the Norwood-Norfolk area might be sleepers to consider.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:09 AM

38 posts, read 155,885 times
St. Lawrence is a big county, largest in the state. Many towns to consider. The key thing is the size that you are looking for. If you want something of with a Walmart and the like, than you have Ogdensburg, Potsdam-Canton, and Massena. To the south you have small towns in the Adirondacks that are nice, like Cranberry Lake. To the north you have small towns along the St. Lawrence River like Waddington... I really like that area for some reason. Schools are all about the same quality from what I have seen and heard. I student taught in a couple of schools in the county. Most are small schools with graduating classes ranging from 20 to 200. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:35 AM

640 posts, read 2,011,961 times
Canton-Potdam...lots of college stimulation, with good schools. Hammond Central is good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York