Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 AM

906 posts, read 1,767,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
There was a minor recall to update the software due to issues with the system when temps drop below freezing. Not particularly surprising and even expected with any new tech.
It may not surprising, but that a potentially fatal bug. Should have been caught in testing before they started delivering cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 09:47 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Having seen a few of these running around town now, I have decided that I don't like it. JMO.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:58 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
overpriced.... once you get near $50k you can get a 328i with luxury or sport trim and a ton of options like heads-up display, adaptive suspension, multi-camera, Harmon-Kardon audio etc. For Infiniti to be competitive they need to be $4k or $5k under the 3 series and C-class. They've got to wake-up and realize they're not Audi or even Lexus.
Agree, for these money one could get a much better German sedan or a Lexus.
While ahead of Acura, Infinity is coming from behind in this category so they better sharpen their pencils when pricing it...

Old 02-07-2014, 12:08 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
I looked at all my options and BMW, Audi and Lexus were options. I wanted to like the Lexus IS 350. I think the exterior is okay, I actually like the grill, but the rest of the car is just kinda weird. The Lexas is fun to drive, but the interior was like taking a trip back in time from my 2009 Maxima, it was smaller and no hybrid. 50k won't get you much in a BMW or Audi and didn't want an entry level stripped down german car just so I could say I had a german car. Plus I find most lower end BMWs and Audis to be rather boring looking.

I think for the money, the Infiniti is great. Then I again, I thought the same thing about my previous car, again, a loaded Maxima Sport which had more on it than most entry level "luxury" sedans and it was a fun car to drive despite it being front wheel drive.

We all have opinions though. That's why there are 100's of different cars on the road!

Old 02-07-2014, 12:54 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
If it's not a 335, I'm not even looking at a 3 series.
Had a G35X (2007 with the VQ25HR, 306HP & 268 lbft) and a 328i (2010 with I6, 228HP & 199 lbft) which in theory has a lower performance engine.

Sorry but there was no comparison in handling and response, the 328i was heads and shoulder above the G35X although, in theory the Infiniti had more power...

Old 02-07-2014, 01:30 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I looked at all my options and BMW, Audi and Lexus were options. I wanted to like the Lexus IS 350. I think the exterior is okay, I actually like the grill, but the rest of the car is just kinda weird. The Lexas is fun to drive, but the interior was like taking a trip back in time from my 2009 Maxima, it was smaller and no hybrid. 50k won't get you much in a BMW or Audi and didn't want an entry level stripped down german car just so I could say I had a german car. Plus I find most lower end BMWs and Audis to be rather boring looking.

I think for the money, the Infiniti is great. Then I again, I thought the same thing about my previous car, again, a loaded Maxima Sport which had more on it than most entry level "luxury" sedans and it was a fun car to drive despite it being front wheel drive.
I went through the same thought process when I bought my G35x back in 2004. I thought it was a great value for the money and I got almost 10k for it on trade 8 years later, so no regrets there.

Good luck with your new Q! It will probably grow on me, eventually.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
G35x is a great car, they seemed to go a little different direction with the Q50, but personally I like it. Hopefully I will still like it in a year after no problems.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:20 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,170 times
Three questions:

1) Why doesn't Infiniti seem to offer any blues in terms of the exterior color?

2) Does this come with a remote start?

3) Do all the front seats have the Infiniti logo and name etched into them? For whatever reason, I hate thise.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 AM

66 posts, read 102,745 times
I get why people like Infiniti. I like it too.

But "love?" I've never looked at an Infiniti in my life and thought "damn, beautiful car."

Its a good value but invariably a lot of compromise, IMO. Aesthetics being numero uno.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:11 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyvip View Post
I get why people like Infiniti. I like it too.

But "love?" I've never looked at an Infiniti in my life and thought "damn, beautiful car."

Its a good value but invariably a lot of compromise, IMO. Aesthetics being numero uno.
I think the new design language and investment in the brand as a whole-led by it's new CEO, who formerly turnaround Audi's US operations as CEO of Audi of America-is starting to change the conservation. Before that, I would agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti