Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times

Advertisements

I can't get over a comment that my friend said the other night:

"it won't work with any guy you meet, cause you have HORRIBLE taste in men". She said it like she was gonna vomit too. I was mortified, especially since we were with her boyfriend and a guy we're friends with. Anyways..I shouldn't care, but it hurt anyways. Sounds like I have horrible taste in friends too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 11:25 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,402 times
think its time to find a new friend....

Old 03-06-2011, 11:34 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

"it won't work with any guy you meet, cause you have HORRIBLE taste in men". She said it like she was gonna vomit too. I was mortified, especially since we were with her boyfriend and a guy we're friends with. Anyways..I shouldn't care, but it hurt anyways. Sounds like I have horrible taste in friends too.
Are you better looking than she is? That could be some too. Maybe she's jealous! Don't worry, us men can tell who is a b*tch or not and STAY 10 MILES clear! The nice ones..... it's just a matter of time!

Old 03-06-2011, 11:38 AM

13 posts, read 12,568 times
your taste is what it is. and it's a personal private thing. stick to what you'd like--it's your bizness-no one else's. chin up. what you like makes you --you! and there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:39 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

Did she refer to "new guy" in particular (does she know him) or was she talking in general?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 AM

874 posts, read 1,648,993 times
I don't think anyone has horrible taste in the opposite sex. It varies for every person. Like ugly people are attracted to ugly people lol but sounds like your friend isn't a "friend".

Old 03-06-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Did she refer to "new guy" in particular (does she know him) or was she talking in general?
Both. Its the first time I mentioned him too and that was the reaction I got.

Thanks guys, I just can't believe these friends who claim they love me and then they tell me the most discouraging things in the world. they're the ones who know my story the best too, I guess I'm also in disbelief.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
oh and nobody's met him. so she doesn't know him, its the first time she even heard about him and she kept insulting me so I didn't feel the need to say much after that.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:49 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Sometimes people say things without thinking all the way through. Not defending her, just saying.

Is she a real close friend?? Maybe she's seen you goof up a few times and is speaking from frustration....IDK, either way it seemed insensitive, at best....

Old 03-06-2011, 11:51 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Playing Devil's Advocate: If you have had a lot of bad relationships, maybe she is just discouraged that a wonderful person like yourself can't choose more high quality men, deserving of your personal caliber. That would be a compliment . . . Maybe she loves you and is tired of seeing you being mistreated or selling yourself short.

Does she have a point? If so, maybe get into therapy to see why you keep picking men who are not good enough for you or are unhealthy in some way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships