Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times

Advertisements

I just read that some people were complaining about a house they bought and at one time in my life I hurt my back and lost my home due to the fact that I was unable to work and therefore house went bye bye . I would have been grateful to live in a closet at that point . It really humbles you to have that happen and it makes me sad that some people are so ungrateful to be able to buy a home much less complain about the one you do have .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 04:03 PM

2,106 posts, read 5,789,715 times
I think that goes for anything. For example, I spent from the time I was 16 to around 23, 24 years old working at low income jobs. Like being a bus boy, stocking shelves, and other type tasks for a $4.25 an hour or maybe ( gasp) a whole $5 an hour!

Anyway, I do pretty well now financially and to this day I am very grateful for my current career situation. Yet many who didn't experience what it was like to try and live off of a working income will never truly appreciate the jobs they have as much as I do as a result.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:05 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just read that some people were complaining about a house they bought and at one time in my life I hurt my back
How can you complain about a hurt back when there are so many paraplegics in the world?

Old 07-10-2013, 04:33 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Homes are assets and when they devalue, it is like money being taken out of your pocket.

If I spend my hard earned money on something, it better do what it is supposed to do no matter what it cost. Whether that is a car, house, boat etc. It is not about complaining that you HAVE something, it is about make sure you are getting value for money.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:33 PM

9,102 posts, read 6,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
How can you complain about a hurt back when there are so many paraplegics in the world?
How can paraplegics complain when there are so many quadriplegics in the world? How can quadriplegics complain when there are so many comatose people in the world? How can the comatose complain when there are so many dead people in the world?

Don't be picky, be thankful!

Old 07-10-2013, 04:42 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times
I have been told I am picky on where I live and who I want to spend my free time with. I do not think that is a bad thing.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Homes are assets and when they devalue, it is like money being taken out of your pocket.
This is why upkeep is critical.

Being picky can be appropriate when deciding on location. Anything else about the home can be changed but many people nowadays don't want to bother. This is why I hate the house hunting shows on cable TV. I once watched an episode where a guy rejected a house because he didn't like the style of the doorknobs. Those shows make me yell at the TV.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just read that some people were complaining about a house they bought and at one time in my life I hurt my back and lost my home due to the fact that I was unable to work and therefore house went bye bye . I would have been grateful to live in a closet at that point . It really humbles you to have that happen and it makes me sad that some people are so ungrateful to be able to buy a home much less complain about the one you do have .
Sorry you hurt your back and lost your house..that could be humbling.....but I can't figure why you'd feel that someone who's bought a home (for a lot of money) and grumbles when somethings wrong with it... is ungrateful.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:14 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,203,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
This is why upkeep is critical.

Being picky can be appropriate when deciding on location. Anything else about the home can be changed but many people nowadays don't want to bother. This is why I hate the house hunting shows on cable TV. I once watched an episode where a guy rejected a house because he didn't like the style of the doorknobs. Those shows make me yell at the TV.
LOL - or the paint color of a room.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
LOL - or the paint color of a room.
I hate painting but I won't let bad color schemes stop me from buying a good house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships