Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:28 AM

91 posts, read 196,320 times

Advertisements

This is not a gross generalization but almost every woman I've met is very....can't find the right word...driven?
There are personality types in people and I know what I am...B type. I love lying down and doing nothing. Perhaps smoke a joint, watch a movie, just relax. I'd rather do this than go clubbing. I am about to own an island in the near future...a tiny land mass where I will grow my own plants, have every amnesty but just live a relaxed life. I took a friend I have a crush on, to this island, hoping she'd be impressed by my vision.
She was bored out of her mind.
Once when I was in Canada I was obsessed with living on Vancouver island. I took a friend to this town called Nanaimo. We sat to eat and the waiter took forever to get the order- which I loved. I loved sitting there staring at the ocean. This girl got up and left.

It's like most women are ADHD ridden in a good way. They go to events, hang with their girl buddies, do stuff...volunteer, travel whatnot. I want to sit down with a good book, be a homebody because I know that is what makes me content...happy. If I pretend to be someone I am not- go clubbing for example I start feeling uncomfortable.

I love sunny afternoons, nature, hiking, basically I am sick of metropolitan city life. I know I am lazy and relaxed.

Would a girl version of me exist- someone who enjoys lying down on the cushion or just hanging with friends, watching a movie. Because I've never found one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,378,216 times
I'm a homebody, type B person-but I also know that I would get bored just sitting around without something to read, watch, or converse about-I can't "just" watch the clouds roll by.
And I'm indoors-y, so you wouldn't find me on an island, but inside: reading, writing, listening to music on the computer.
I like to keep busy-though for me keeping busy means doing my hobbies, like drawing or communicating-not going out to some overpriced event/venue.
I don't have ADHD, but I do have anxieties/phobias, so I'd say I'm "low-key" but not "laid-back" (there is a distinction to be made there).

Old 07-09-2013, 10:41 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,862,268 times
There are women like that and there are men like that. It's not a gender-specific phenomenon.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:52 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,388,119 times
The women you are describing are not "driven". Maybe in comparison to you. But most people like doing something other than just sitting around smoking weed all day.

There is so much in between going out clubbing and sitting around all day doing nothing.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,900,071 times
In any relationship, there needs to be at least one person who's interested in getting things done. Otherwise the laundry will never get done, house will never get clean, meals won't be made, etc.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 AM

5,052 posts, read 6,355,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi851 View Post
This is not a gross generalization but almost every woman I've met is very....can't find the right word...driven?

[...]

It's like most women are ADHD ridden in a good way.

[...]

Would a girl version of me exist- someone who enjoys lying down on the cushion or just hanging with friends, watching a movie. Because I've never found one.
Well, reading your post, that would be a gross generalization.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,776,089 times
You haven't met enough laid back women, keep trying. There are plenty more fish in the sea, and no, I am not talking about PlentyofFish dot com.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,576 times
I'm pretty laid back and can sit around for hours doing nothing. I wasn't always this way; living in a place where everything moves on "local" time forced me to adapt and not move like a hummingbird on crack.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:01 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,394,351 times
Are you independently wealthy or something? I've found that people my age who don't have to work are not people I can relate to at all. I'd love to relax more, but right now I"m mostly concerned with survival - maintaining my health, working a demanding job and maintaining order in my household (repairs, yard work, caring for pets, cooking, gardening). Surely you have some responsibilities?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:58 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,023,087 times
I love being lazy & reading all day. I don't care for the hectic crowds much..

My idea of a perfect vacation would be a nature walk, reading & watching movies, eating out, lazy nights by a fire..

Keep looking, why not try an online dating site to find someone compatible..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships