Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:53 PM

149 posts, read 467,784 times

Advertisements

Over the weekend I was at a party, and I had too much to drink and lost my inhibitions. I started farting audibly at random times. During a movie. Having a piece of cake in the kitchen. While someone was playing a computer game. Apparently I once tooted so hard that the people next to me felt the couch vibrate. Well, a few people got upset. One girl started lighting incense eventhough my gas didn't smell. I don't understand why some people got so disgusted. There was one guy puking in the toilet all night long for goodness sake! No one got mad at him. Plus I thought all of us were close, i thought i could let a few fly without being judged! Eventually I was asked to leave. They didn't even bother hugging me as I left. We always give goodbye hugs.

Were my friends being unreasonable?

Old 10-22-2013, 04:01 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,453,131 times
You were unreasonable and should have left if you weren't able to control the problem. They didn't even HUG you when you left? You would probably have farted in the middle of the hug.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 PM

45,461 posts, read 60,680,465 times
If you knew, or suspected that you'd get kicked out, you should have gone the whole way and lit them up like a blowtorch.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,183,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbacchus View Post
Over the weekend I was at a party, and I had too much to drink and lost my inhibitions. I started farting audibly at random times. During a movie. Having a piece of cake in the kitchen. While someone was playing a computer game. Apparently I once tooted so hard that the people next to me felt the couch vibrate. Well, a few people got upset. One girl started lighting incense eventhough my gas didn't smell. I don't understand why some people got so disgusted. There was one guy puking in the toilet all night long for goodness sake! No one got mad at him. Plus I thought all of us were close, i thought i could let a few fly without being judged! Eventually I was asked to leave. They didn't even bother hugging me as I left. We always give goodbye hugs.

Although, I'm not a "party animal" I have been to quite a few parties over the years. I can't ever remember a situation where anyone felt comfortable enough to "let a few fly" during a party. Sure, sometimes everyone passes gas but even most siblings/spouses/very close friends at least try to "hold it in" or be discrete about it.

Have you considered that maybe your friends asked you to leave because they thought that you were sick and not because you were being a jerk?

It sounds like something that a middle school boy would think is funny.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:27 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,624,815 times
LOL. It must have been bad if they "expelled" you. Maybe you say the farts didn't smell but they must have. The guy puking in the bathroom was at least doing it in the bathroom!

Thanks for this post though...made my day!

Old 10-22-2013, 04:40 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,144,898 times
I'm amazed that they had to ask you to leave. Any person with manners and class would have left without someone asking them to.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:45 PM

22,615 posts, read 47,734,076 times
Your friends were not unreasonable... you were. And quite rude to boot!

Old 10-22-2013, 04:50 PM

4,513 posts, read 5,062,588 times
You need a reality check ! You acted like a 7 year old and you expect respect ? Grow up !!

Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,062,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
LOL. It must have been bad if they "expelled" you. Maybe you say the farts didn't smell but they must have. The guy puking in the bathroom was at least doing it in the bathroom!

Thanks for this post though...made my day!
*drying tears*

Old 10-22-2013, 05:39 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,715,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbacchus View Post

Is this post a joke? This reminds me of the scene in "Dumb & Dumber" were Jim Carrey is dreaming of what his life would be like with Lauren Holly, he imagines himself at a high class party with her, were he entertains the crowd by lighting fart after fart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships