Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,312 times

Advertisements

Have anyone one of you came across a person like that? One that either acts like he/she did most of the work or talks gibberish then in reality they barely did anything.

This is regarding one of my mother's relative whom even my mother can't stand nor others either. This woman's sons are all grown adults, have their own careers and are married. However, on every reunion all she ever talks about is her wealthy status, how she got her sons to go to the best colleges and explains how she only likes expensive restaurants and goes on vacation to good places. She has suddenly become more conceited than before for no good reason other than to brag and appear wealthy.

What she doesn't take into account is we all learn she's a fake wealthy person. My father and others know she was poor as a kid and during her teen years. Her life changed when she met her now husband (my father's distant cousin) and he was nearly finishing his major in law school. She on the other hand isn't even working (gives the impression that she probably never did) and never even went to college. She sure didn't buy the house either. I don't get why is this woman taking fake credits but none has called her out on it because obviously the husband would most likely come to her defense. On top of that, she isn't even attractive and never was.

I'm working at as an operator at home making manual calls (it's a verifying job, in which the calls only last 1-2 mins), studying and will be finishing my major in my late 20's but I guess it's better late than never and have plans on making my own company with my name on the lease. Personally, I would feel very bad if the only way I got to that level is through someone else's mean. I would feel awful bragging about things I didn't make on my own nor at least contributed 50% of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 08:24 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
I don't know what the proper forum would be for this post, but I don't think it's the relationships forum.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:26 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I don't know what the proper forum would be for this post, but I don't think it's the relationships forum.
Maybe it doesn't but it would be awful to have marry such person or even be in a relationship with.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:58 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
You gotta ask yourself . . . why even spend the energy thinking about such things?

People create a persona. What should it matter to you how this person acts or how she obtained whatever she owns?

Don't fill your head with such negative thoughts about other people. Why do you feel the need to criticize and demean?

I grew up around several people who were all the time cutting others down, criticizing, demeaning (behind people's back, of course). It took me a while to figure out that not everyone sits around tearing down others . . . it is not good for the soul to be so critical and mean spirited to other people.

Just concentrate on being a good person and stop focusing on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships