Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:51 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,499,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Really?
Then why does the OP clearly say that she IS a tenant?
And "model tenants" to boot!
That is what is confusing. At one point she said her husband's name was not on the deed. That would make her part owner. But in another post she referred to herself as a tenant which would make her a renter. Maybe she thinks of herself as a tenant who is paying rent because she lives there. But she has also said she is paying part of the mortgage which is not rent.

She has been getting mixed advice because she is giving us mixed explanations. Obviously, the problem goes deeper than a cleaning lady coming to her house. She needs to deal with her controlling parents. The problem with the house might be solved with a trip to an attorney to determine just what the rights and benefits of the shared property ownership are for all parties concerned.

If I were in her shoes, I would tell the parents that I was going to sell my interest in the house and get the heck out from under their thumb and take it from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 05:34 AM

1,161 posts, read 2,453,478 times
I, like some others on here, can see there's more to the story than she's letting on.

Apparently every time she speaks to her parents they hound her as per her original post:

"I need to lose weight, I never clean the house worth a $hit, I'm on medications I shouldn't be on."

Hmm...since the OP hasn't been around I'm comfortable in saying that it's probably not unfair to consider the possibly that there's some significant psychological/behavioral problems going on in the OP's house and her parents are actually deeply concerned and / or frustrated. I would not be surprised at all to find out if the place was filthy and the OP is depressed and / or unfocused and not really seeing the situation around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
That is what is confusing. At one point she said her husband's name was not on the deed. That would make her part owner. But in another post she referred to herself as a tenant which would make her a renter. Maybe she thinks of herself as a tenant who is paying rent because she lives there. But she has also said she is paying part of the mortgage which is not rent.

She has been getting mixed advice because she is giving us mixed explanations. Obviously, the problem goes deeper than a cleaning lady coming to her house. She needs to deal with her controlling parents. The problem with the house might be solved with a trip to an attorney to determine just what the rights and benefits of the shared property ownership are for all parties concerned.

If I were in her shoes, I would tell the parents that I was going to sell my interest in the house and get the heck out from under their thumb and take it from there.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:29 AM

51,021 posts, read 36,724,385 times
This poster hasn't been back on City Data in 4 months.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times
You cannot get mad of you needed them to get the home in the first place.
They need to protect their interests, too.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM

255 posts, read 407,942 times
You seem kind of selfish in my opinion. Your parents seem like the want to help you out. I work six days a week, so I only get one day a week to relax. Usually it's spent cleaning because I only do a quick clean up during the week, because I hate messiness. If someone offered to hire a cleaning service for me, I'd be more than happy. It's coming from their pockets and they own the house. If you don't like it then move.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:01 PM

524 posts, read 845,006 times
Op where did you go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships