Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 AM

993 posts, read 1,563,416 times

Advertisements

I don't know why this story sounds fake to me, but I'll answer anyway.

Have you tried being nice to the guy? It sounds to me like you've never felt anything but disgust and contempt towards the guy, and maybe he can sense that. Perhaps if you show a little humanity, he'll get that "human closeness" that you've speculated it is he desires (do you have a psych degree?). I'm not telling you to befriend the guy, just to be friendly. Then approach the topic again, without laying blame, and mention as you did here why it's so important that you get your ipod back.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
As a woman I leave my bedroom door open for a sense of spiritual openness and aesthetics. Fresh air flowing through, opening brightness to the rest of the house, etc.
...please don't attribute your carelessly leaving the door open to being a woman.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 AM

22,639 posts, read 47,797,904 times
The iPod is probably in a pile of dirty laundry...

Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 AM

185 posts, read 242,481 times
You seem a little too cool with your underwear being potentially stolen by one of your male roommates for "pleasure purposes". I'd be pretty skeeved about my living situation after that alone and I'm a guy.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:38 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,305,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post

Have you tried being nice to the guy?
Yes, I've been nothing but friendly & sweet to him & everyone in the house. I'm just pouring out all my true inner thoughts here on city data now that I've never voiced or indicated to anyone else before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Also...please don't attribute your carelessly leaving the door open to being a woman.
All right then. So any naive, spiritual, aesthetically-particular person regardless of gender, race, or age would be as likely to leave one's bedroom door open as the next such person would. Fine.

Last edited by Zelpha; 05-13-2014 at 08:06 AM..

Old 05-13-2014, 08:15 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,002,837 times
PUT A CAMERA HIDDEN IN YOUR ROOM.
Catch him in the act

Old 05-13-2014, 08:25 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,926,866 times
does your Ipod phone ring when you call the number? Try this when you're in the house and see if you can hear it, then track it down. If you get the answering machine, leave a message to alert the "finder" that it's yours and you want it back. If anyone answers, find out who and where they are and take it from there. You should be able to trace the Ipod's general whereabouts from whatever cell tower it is connecting with, but you'd have to involve the police and it may not be worth going to all that trouble.

Meanwhile, use another computer to get all of your personal info removed or blocked on your Ipod. Tie it up as thoroughly as you can, to lessen its value to anyone else.

And also - look behind the piece of furniture where you last saw it. gravity may have been the "thief".
[erratic caps. due to keyboard issues]

Added to say that I'd be considerably more freaked out by the undies incident than by the Ipod, but in combination - I'd move out, preferably to a place of my own or with a trustworthy roommate of my own gender.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:26 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,022,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
PUT A CAMERA HIDDEN IN YOUR ROOM.
Catch him in the act
The act is over.

I would search his room when he isn't home. ... but first make sure it didn't just fall into a crack between bed and wall in YOUR room.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:27 AM

11,185 posts, read 9,806,175 times
Have you looked everywhere in your room thoroughly? Like behind the dresser, under the bed, all around the nightstands and in the drawers and clothes hamper? You may have lost it yourself and you're all ready to call the cops with zero proof that ANYBODY took it, other than the fact that you can't find it. Why would you live with people you don't know and whom you find so creepy?

Old 05-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
does your Ipod phone ring when you call the number?
It's not a phone. It's just an iPod touch. It's basically an iPhone with everything but phone & gps capabilities.

Quote:
Meanwhile, use another computer to get all of your personal info removed or blocked on your Ipod. Tie it up as thoroughly as you can, to lessen its value to anyone else.
Have changed my appleID password. That blocks access completely.

Quote:
And also - look behind the piece of furniture where you last saw it. gravity may have been the "thief".
]
Trust me. I'VE LOOKED EVERYWHERE it could have possibly fallen or been left. I am a very organized person. It was stolen.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Why would you live with people you don't know and whom you find so creepy?
This home is in one of the highest income areas in the nation...the rental agreement and implied understanding among all tenants in the house is that we are grown, independent, single, professional, quiet individuals (no parties allowed, etc). I have lived here over a year and there have been no incidents until this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships