Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:41 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,951 times

Advertisements

On Friday when I went rollerskating, I experienced a nice surprise.

When I was putting on my rollerskates, a staff member I met last month saw me and said, "I was thinking about you yesterday. It had been a while and I thought you moved to Canada." We caught up, I skated for 45 minutes, and before I left, he gave me his work schedule and said to stop by one of those days. It surprised me.

I was telling a friend about this. He thought I should pursue him because you never know. I'm not because I'm not interested in anything more than friendship.

I am beginning to like when people are nice to me. It inspires me to be nice to others. Maybe this is why this year seems better emotionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 07:57 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,163,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post

When I was putting on my rollerskates, a staff member I met last month saw me and said, "I was thinking about you yesterday. It had been a while and I thought you moved to Canada." We caught up, I skated for 45 minutes, and before I left, he gave me his work schedule and said to stop by one of those days. It surprised me.

I was telling a friend about this. He thought I should pursue him because you never know. I'm not because I'm not interested in anything more than friendship.

I am beginning to like when people are nice to me. It inspires me to be nice to others. Maybe this is why this year seems better emotionally.
IMHO, stop by the rink again when he is working. He may just be interested in making a new friend, too. Even if you make arrangements to meet away from the rink you can make it clear that it is just "as friends".

Old 07-25-2017, 08:04 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
Quote:

Maybe he was being nice to you because he is a professional and knows you are a good customer. If not, he was probably interested in you in a romantic way. But since you are "not interested in anything more than friendship," this is much ado about nothing, no?

Old 07-25-2017, 08:16 AM

714 posts, read 748,023 times
Quote:

Nice to know it's possible to start a sentence to a stranger with "I was thinking about you..." and not get called a creep, or whatever, in response.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Maybe he was being nice to you because he is a professional and knows you are a good customer. If not, he was probably interested in you in a romantic way. But since you are "not interested in anything more than friendship," this is much ado about nothing, no?
I'm not making a big ado about it. I thought it was nice and I've never experienced this niceness before.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:01 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoWAtoUT View Post
Nice to know it's possible to start a sentence to a stranger with "I was thinking about you..." and not get called a creep, or whatever, in response.
only if you are hot!

Old 07-25-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
only if you are hot!
I wouldn't say he was hot, he was nice.

I've started this thing where I take selfies with people i meet on my travels. I like to remember them if we had a meaningful interaction. I have a selfie with this staff member.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:

Wow congrats. Go for it. At worst it is a friendship.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Wow congrats. Go for it. At worst it is a friendship.
Friendship is all that I am pursuing since I am hoping to move out of the country, or at least out of the state. I don't want to get bogged down by more than friends in Pennsylvania.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:40 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Friendship is all that I am pursuing since I am hoping to move out of the country, or at least out of the state. I don't want to get bogged down by more than friends in Pennsylvania.
Ah, I haven't heard that. I'd move out of state if I and my girlfriend could find work readymade...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships