Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:32 PM

12 posts, read 11,218 times

Advertisements

Right now I'm pissed off and this just happened a couple hours ago (I'm a girl BTW). Just got into an heated argument with her. After exchanging words, she slapped me kinda of hard and then I turned around and slapped her back. My slap wasn't even hard comparing to hers; would have done it harder if it were a friend or someone else.

Part of me feels guilty but then I dunno. She started it. Yet, she was totally shocked as if not expecting it. We're not on speaking terms at this moment.

Or should I have just walked away as my older brother suggested. He thinks I was still in the wrong and is also not speaking to me. What was also upsetting is he brought back the ''But I walked away remember'' last year's argument with him as well too. I slapped him because he was being a total jerk. At the point, I got upset and told him to just get out of my room and how this stupid comparison was no where similar to what just happened. They are both acting like I'm the only one in the wrong. I don't think so.

Or I'm I really the wrong one? Though I'm pissed off right now, I'm also feeling some guilt at the same time.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
How old are you?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:45 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
How old are you? Neither you nor your mother should be hitting each other. If you're an adult living with her, you might see if you can move out. If you're a child, that's more complicated.

My sister kicked my mom once when she was 19. We were all shocked. My mom had to have an x-ray and she had a huge lump on her leg and then a bruise that didn't go away for more than a month. The irony in the situation was that my mom never hit that sister, but she used to beat the rest of us.

I don't really know what to tell you, except that you will be a lot happier in a living situation where no one hits you and you don't have to decide whether or not to fight back. I moved out of my mom's house when I was 18 because I was tired of being beaten. Once I didn't live there anymore, she never tried to hit me again.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
How old are you?
I just turned 18 nearly two months ago.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:51 PM

Is slapping each other a regular thing at your house?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I slapping each other a regular thing at your house?
Nope, just this time. I have never slapped my mother before till now.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorineDancer96 View Post
Right now I'm pissed off and this just happened a couple hours ago (I'm a girl BTW). Just got into an heated argument with her. After exchanging words, she slapped me kinda of hard and then I turned around and slapped her back. My slap wasn't even hard comparing to hers; would have done it harder if it were a friend or someone else.

Part of me feels guilty but then I dunno. She started it. Yet, she was totally shocked as if not expecting it. We're not on speaking terms at this moment.

Or should I have just walked away as my older brother suggested. He thinks I was still in the wrong and is also not speaking to me. What was also upsetting is he brought back the ''But I walked away remember'' last year's argument with him as well too. I slapped him because he was being a total jerk. At the point, I got upset and told him to just get out of my room and how this stupid comparison was no where similar to what just happened. They are both acting like I'm the only one in the wrong. I don't think so.

Or I'm I really the wrong one? Though I'm pissed off right now, I'm also feeling some guilt at the same time.

Sounds like all of you need to learn to keep your hands to yourself.
You have no right to physically hit anyone I don't care how PO you are.
Keep your hands to yourself and if you were my "friend" and hit me you would no longer be my friend.
You are 18 and it is time to move.
Your writing does not reflect your age though, I thought you might be 12 or 13 with the "she started it/he started it".

I can guarantee you if I had ever slapped my Mother I would not be breathing at this moment.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:55 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
SHe was wrong and you were wrong.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:55 PM

She slapped you, though, and apparently you slapped him?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:59 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
She slapped you, though, and apparently you slapped him?

Jerry...Jerry....Jerry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships