Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 01:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,411 times

Advertisements

Hey

I am just looking for some advice as I'm a little confused

This was the closest forum section that I could find so I hope I'm posting it in the correct one

Basically I've never had bras on when I am at home ever as it's much more comfortable without

But my mom has recently rented a room out in the house to a guy. He's a normal nice guy

I don't run around with anything sexy or stupid. I am fully clothed and wearing a comfortable top but I just don't wear bras underneath

But the thing she has told me that now hes here that I need to have one on but I don't want to be uncomfortable at home

I was hoping just to get opinions on if this is true or is she just freaking out and being silly about it?

Hoping someone will agree with me. But I might be wrong so that's why I'm posting

Thanks

Old 05-01-2019, 01:28 PM

45,450 posts, read 60,653,733 times
How old are you?

Your mother has invited a stranger into your house. He may very well interpret your bralessness (and yes, we men can tell) as an invitation.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:30 PM

I'm 18

But I have a top on. I'm not naked

Old 05-01-2019, 01:33 PM

999 posts, read 554,560 times
I never wear a bra. Not home or out in public. Don't let people put restrictions on you. Your mom sounds highly unreasonable. If you're an adult, move out ASAP so you can live life the way you want.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:34 PM

999 posts, read 554,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
How old are you?

Your mother has invited a stranger into your house. He may very well interpret your bralessness (and yes, we men can tell) as an invitation.
Um, excuse me? How he interprets her clothing choices is on HIM. She doesn't have to change a thing for this man. It's his job not to be perverted toward his young roommate.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:40 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
How old are you?

Yes, unfortunately a lot of men let their junk do their thinking for them. And... it’ll be your fault for going braless should something happen.
The old... “well her braless breasts “ told me that she was down for some attention. Why else would she walk around in front of me without a bra?

Old 05-01-2019, 01:41 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzz View Post
I'm 18

But I have a top on. I'm not naked
I'd say, it depends. Some women don't need a bra at all, as they're very small-chested. Others do. YMMV.

I'm kinda wondering why your mom rented to a guy, rather than a woman. A stranger around her 18-year-old daughter? Maybe he's an ok guy, but still; seems like a somewhat risky thing to do. How soon before you go off to college? This fall? Or will you be living at home, and going to college locally?

Old 05-01-2019, 01:50 PM

29,752 posts, read 34,422,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Yes, unfortunately a lot of men let their junk do their thinking for them. And... it’ll be your fault for going braless should something happen.
The old... “well her braless breasts “ told me that she was down for some attention. Why else would she walk around in front of me without a bra?
That's definitely true. It's not the OP's responsibility to police her behavior for her mom's tenant, but at the same time, there's a stranger in their house. Until she gets a sense of what this dude's deal is, it might be worth finding comfortable clothes that are also a bit more conservative.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:07 PM

6,566 posts, read 8,404,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's definitely true. It's not the OP's responsibility to police her behavior for her mom's tenant, but at the same time, there's a stranger in their house. Until she gets a sense of what this dude's deal is, it might be worth finding comfortable clothes that are also a bit more conservative.
I agree.

The onus is on him not to be a creeper. Unfortunately, this guy is a stranger and you don't know if he's a creeper or not.

Women need to be proactive against protecting ourselves from creepers. We shouldn't have to, but we do.

If you wear underwire bras, a bra with an elastic band is much more comfortable to lounge around in.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I never wear a bra. Not home or out in public. Don't let people put restrictions on you. Your mom sounds highly unreasonable. If you're an adult, move out ASAP so you can live life the way you want.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships