Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 02:16 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,390,759 times

Advertisements

I am on your Mother's side.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:17 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
I think we'd need to see. Some girls can go without and you'd barely notice, and some would be too much to handle.
Are you asking the OP for pics?

Old 05-02-2019, 03:29 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Funny how a simple piece of clothing has people’s panties in a bunch. I really don’t get the issue as long as she’s covered. If things are gonna go south with this guy in the house... I seriously doubt that the presence of a bra or lack there of is going to make a difference.
And if the mom is worried about her daughter being vulnerable because she’s sans bra.... Why have this guy in the house to begin with? Potentially putting her daughter in harms way and then worrying that perhaps her daughter is in harms way.

Last edited by Sydney123; 05-02-2019 at 04:12 PM..

Old 05-02-2019, 03:39 PM

561 posts, read 324,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
The idea that someone "doesn't look respectable" without a bra is your opinion.

I think I look just fine. Most of the time, I wear baggy t-shirts and other clothes where it would be impossible to tell I was even wearing or not wearing a bra. It doesn't even show.

Plus, a lot of you aren't considering that many dresses and halter tops and other styles of clothing aren't meant to be worn with a bra. Wearing a bra under a halter top means the entire back of the bra would show. That looks much trashier and not-put-together than just wearing the top as it was designed.

Either way, OP should move out. The idea that she should be fully covered at all times in her own home is insane.
It's certainly her prerogative to do so if she doesn't want to do as her mother asks her to. Just so she's aware she should probably live alone if she doesn't want to compromise for other people because her new roomate might not like her swinging free in front of brothers, fathers or boyfriends either.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:54 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,642,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcahacker View Post
It's certainly her prerogative to do so if she doesn't want to do as her mother asks her to. Just so she's aware she should probably live alone if she doesn't want to compromise for other people because her new roomate might not like her swinging free in front of brothers, fathers or boyfriends either.
So breasts are something to be ashamed of now? I wonder more about the people looking at someone else's chest area to see whether or not they are "swinging free." The girl is not walking around topless so anything else is no one's business but her own. If the mother is so worried about her boarder ogling her daughter in her own home, maybe she should not have rented to him in the first place. Everyone has the right to be comfortable in their own home even the children/teenager/young adult whomever. How is this girl not wearing a bra hurting anyone?

Everyone keeps saying the mother's house the mother's rules - so if the mother decides her daughter should wear a burka that would be fine. Or, how about a slacks only and no shorts or skirts rule? If the mom trusts this male boarder enough to live in her home around her daughter, then what is she so worried about? If he is a slavering pervert, it won't matter what the daughter wears or doesn't wear.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:17 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Especially, true if he is immature or about the same age as the OP. It's a lack of judgement on boundaries.

If her mother is suggesting wearing a bra, then I assume, the OP isn't a flat chested. If she plans on living in a co-ed dorm (as most college have), she'll have to wear a bra all the time . It's just life.
Seriously? That's just ridiculous! She can live in a coed dorm and wear a bra if she wants to and not wear a bra if she doesn't want to. NO one can be forced to wear a bra at college.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Especially, true if he is immature or about the same age as the OP. It's a lack of judgement on boundaries.

If her mother is suggesting wearing a bra, then I assume, the OP isn't a flat chested. If she plans on living in a co-ed dorm (as most college have), she'll have to wear a bra all the time . It's just life.
Don’t know what college you went to, but when I was at university.. I think there were more girls going without than with. Lol
I hardly ever wore a bra to school and I was a C cup. Never once was I called out on it from teachers or school Administrators.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:39 PM

7,356 posts, read 4,142,168 times
There is no accounting for taste.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
There is no accounting for taste.
It’s not 1950 Anymore.. Women have breasts and I am pretty sure it’s a well known fact.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times
Default I thought it was your stepdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzz View Post
Hey

I am just looking for some advice as I'm a little confused

This was the closest forum section that I could find so I hope I'm posting it in the correct one

Basically I've never had bras on when I am at home ever as it's much more comfortable without

But my mom has recently rented a room out in the house to a guy. He's a normal nice guy

I don't run around with anything sexy or stupid. I am fully clothed and wearing a comfortable top but I just don't wear bras underneath

But the thing she has told me that now hes here that I need to have one on but I don't want to be uncomfortable at home

I was hoping just to get opinions on if this is true or is she just freaking out and being silly about it?

Hoping someone will agree with me. But I might be wrong so that's why I'm posting

Thanks
I'm actually relieved. I thought you were going to say she wanted you to wear a bra due to her husband - a stepdad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.