Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:03 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
I don't! When he told me he was out with other friends I said to forget it and basically have a good night. He said no, no, no, where are you, I'll text you later. It's not a huge deal, and I am probably over-thinking this. I see everyone on here see it as no big deal, he just forgot, and that's all I was wondering. I tend to put way too much thought into small situations.
Since he answered you and was friendly in the beginning I would assume he forgot or maybe had a little too much to drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 06:26 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Quote:
I don't! When he told me he was out with other friends I said to forget it and basically have a good night. He said no, no, no, where are you, I'll text you later. It's not a huge deal, and I am probably over-thinking this. I see everyone on here see it as no big deal, he just forgot, and that's all I was wondering. I tend to put way too much thought into small situations.
Yes, you are putting too much thought into this. Most of us have more than one friend and more than one group we hang out with. Just let it go. He was having a good time, and he was being polite to you. Sometimes I just forget to return a message or text back because I am busy. It doesn't mean anything, and if a friend made me feel bad about it, they would no longer be a friend. I don't need pressure from friends. Also, if a friend texts or calls me and they have an emergency, that would be different. I would get there as quick as I could. Casual calls and texts can wait.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 AM

933 posts, read 1,477,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, you are putting too much thought into this. Most of us have more than one friend and more than one group we hang out with. Just let it go. He was having a good time, and he was being polite to you. Sometimes I just forget to return a message or text back because I am busy. It doesn't mean anything, and if a friend made me feel bad about it, they would no longer be a friend. I don't need pressure from friends. Also, if a friend texts or calls me and they have an emergency, that would be different. I would get there as quick as I could. Casual calls and texts can wait.
I agree with your first sentence saying that I am putting too much thought into this, but I really don't think think he should stop being my friend because he forgot to text me back. That's a little extreme, no?

If he was just like, "I'm can't tonight" at the beginning, I would have just dropped it. I tried to drop it when he said he was with others, but he continued pushing it. I was trying to just drop it, and that's part of why I was frustrated.

For all posters: thanks so much for the help, you have given me a lot to think about (lol!).

Old 06-15-2014, 09:42 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
No, he should not being your friend because he forgot or didn't text you back. What I said was if someone tried to make me feel bad about it or pressured me, I wouldn't want to be their friend. Friends should understand and just go with it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:16 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
No, he should not being your friend because he forgot or didn't text you back. What I said was if someone tried to make me feel bad about it or pressured me, I wouldn't want to be their friend. Friends should understand and just go with it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No problem! I would obviously not mention this to him at all. I just wanted to go to an outside source to make sure y'all didn't think he as like purposely ignoring me. Thanks!

Old 06-15-2014, 02:29 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
No problem! I would obviously not mention this to him at all. I just wanted to go to an outside source to make sure y'all didn't think he as like purposely ignoring me. Thanks!
We can't really say that for sure. We can only remark on your own behaviour as you have described it.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Yeah dude he was ignoring you.

I have a friend like that who NEVER replies to calls or texts if she doesn't wish to.

It's annoying but it means nothing, except that she has something better to do at the time.

Once you get old and realise your friends have kids, homes, school runs, old parents, ex husbands, inlaw problems, jobs etc etc etc well it's a miracle ANYONE answers their phones.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:58 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
The only way the situation would turn sinister in my case is if some drunk moron called or texted me at some insane hour, I don't care who they are.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:33 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Are you in love with this guy? Sure sounds like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgryfon View Post
That was my first thought. OP has a crush on the other guy. Other guy not so much. I double checked the gender of OP because he sounds just like a young woman chasing after some guy who could care less...sorry to be so harsh...
Ha! That was my immediate reaction as well. That the OP keeps claiming he felt "led on" certainly doesn't help.

Anyway, OP, your over-thinking is indicative of a deeper issue that you may have with dependency and neediness. Be careful not to drive your friend insane, lest he really does start ignoring your texts because he finds you annoying.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:34 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,350,594 times
Next time I do see them; I will punch all their teeth out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships