Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 07:07 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,799,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
One would think at your age that you would have gained considerably more social savoir faire where relationships are concerned.
Why is it my responsibility if the man is rude to some extended family members who he had never met?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 07:09 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,383,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
A number of relatives who are part of the extended family- who knew nothing about Dave's rudeness to the immediate family, tried to engage him in conversation and he was cold and distant to them too.

You would think he would just make the best of it and stay for an hour and then say he had an appointment.
The way your family seems to gossip, it would surprise me greatly if there was a single person at the event who was not aware of Dave's transgressions prior to said event, and that includes Dave himself.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:12 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,788,949 times
Quote:
Why is it my responsibility if the man is rude to some extended family members who he had never met?
Yawn. The quality of material is seriously failing.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:22 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,448,407 times
Quote:
He's not being rude, your whole family is.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
He's not being rude, your whole family is.
If his new wife already reamed him out for being unsociable (goaded on by her wonderful family and the extensions thereof) I give him a lot of credit for even re-entering the vulture nest. Maybe like the OP he's gathering material for a work of fiction. Or he was so taken aback by the dysfunctional family that he needed to go back into the fray one more time to assure himself he wasn't either imagining it or it was all a wild and whacky nightmare. Rather the way I feel when I spot another thread from the OP and am inexorably drawn to it.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If his new wife already reamed him out for being unsociable (goaded on by her wonderful family and the extensions thereof) I give him a lot of credit for even re-entering the vulture nest. Maybe like the OP he's gathering material for a work of fiction. Or he was so taken aback by the dysfunctional family that he needed to go back into the fray one more time to assure himself he wasn't either imagining it or it was all a wild and whacky nightmare. Rather the way I feel when I spot another thread from the OP and am inexorably drawn to it.
I know! It's like seeing a car on the tracks with a train bearing down on it. You can't look away! Maybe we need a support group.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,799,928 times
Isn't it funny that nearly every poster justified the terrible man's actions and rarely would anyone admit he was wrong.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Isn't it funny that nearly every poster justified the terrible man's actions and rarely would anyone admit he was wrong.
YOU are the terrible man in this situation. YOU are the one in the wrong.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Your reputation and disclosures precede you whatever the subject. It's not at all "funny", either funny peculiar or funny ha ha.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:00 PM

552 posts, read 835,689 times
I'd just ignore him. If you're making the effort and he's not, forget about him. They'll probably be divorced soon anyhow and then you dont have to worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships