Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 02:52 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,009,775 times

Advertisements

Here I am again. I need bit of your thoughts. I am quiet not sure if you have read my previous post. About feel being ignored by a good friend. I paste the link here but I am not if that works.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...od-friend.html

After ignoring me more than 2 months she called me just a second ago. I am not sure if I was mad at her, I was not that much in the mood to talk. Since she started to ignore I removed her from my phone as I don't see that she is on whats app online but not talking to me. She was not in my phone contacts at all gave me bit of peace. But I answered the call. What I totally regret now.

Being rude is not actually my thing so I quietly asked "why are you calling me after long time?" There were just many stories I got no clue and I was not in the mood for listening either so, I disturbed her and asked her if there was any special reason other wise I would like to hang the phone. This woman told me " this is not you , why you are so rude to me like this? I want to know if I can borrow 5000 euros till I return you after 4 months" Just like that she asked me as nothing happened and we just very good friends who is cooking the dinner together

I wanted to say NO in the first place but I asked for what reason she need that much. This silly woman told me " That is not no one else business tell me if you can lend me or not" I lost my nerve honest to say. So I said "Well I have no money to invest on non of my business at the moment, I think you better go to a bank and ask if they lend you a loan for non of their business"

then she started cry very loudly, her mortgage could not pay two months, and she need to pay other wise bank will put her house on auction and many more stories, I did not say that I will help her... I think I was melted by her crying, I said I will see if I can help her but I regret for saying that.
If she is really going through that sort of a trouble then that is not good when she is single mother. But then still I am also a one.I manage everything all alone but Her parents also live close by her. I thought of give a call to her mother and ask what is going on but I am quiet not sure,, one part of my mind say help her because she is in a rough moment that is what friends for but other half says why bother ignore her as she did for two months.
what come to your mind? Giving money is not the thing any worth helping this type of people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 03:03 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,476,643 times
If you have the extra funds to GIVE her the money as a GIFT, think about it. You will not get it back. You basically have no relationship with her, she was extremely rude to you, and has probably run thru her whole family.

I suggest you refer her to her family for assistance.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:09 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,194,811 times
That's quite a sum of money. Make sure you don't need it back - because I have a strong feeling it's the last you will see of it.

It's rude to ignore someone and then call and ask for that amount - and THEN tell them it's none of their business why it is needed.

I would just say I would love to help - but I just don't have the money. It will probably be the last you hear from her, either way. You might as well not be $5K Euro poorer, at the same time.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:11 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,867,492 times
Tell her that you cannot give her money, but you can help by looking into assistance for her. Do not Co-sign a loan or anything like that.

How much is 5k Euros? Is that almost $5000 US dollars? That's a lot of money to ask of a friend, especially one that is also single mother.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:19 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,232,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Tell her that you cannot give her money, but you can help by looking into assistance for her. Do not Co-sign a loan or anything like that.

How much is 5k Euros? Is that almost $5000 US dollars? That's a lot of money to ask of a friend, especially one that is also single mother.

5000 Euros is almost $6400 U.S. dollars.

OP, while I have been in financial problems myself, I have NEVER asked a friend, even a close friend, for that kind of money. I understand you were close at one time, but that is a huge amount of money to lend someone. If she hasn't contacted your for 2 months, I doubt you will ever hear from her again. You're a single mother as well and I'm sure you have your own expenses. I would politely tell her that you just don't have that kind of extra money and wish her well.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:23 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,867,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
5000 Euros is almost $6400 U.S. dollars.
Just crazy

Yea, OP, I don't know how you didn't laugh in your friend's face when she first asked. Just the absurdity...

Old 10-01-2014, 03:59 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,680 times
I agree with the posters above, especially the one that said you will probably never see the money again if you loan it to her. $5000 Euros is way too much to ask of a friend even if you have a good relationship. If you give her money and she continues to ignore you and doesn't pay you back, you will feel even worse and resent her. Then instead of "the friend that ignored me" she will be "the friend that screwed me over."

I would suggest putting her number back into your phone so that when she calls you can press IGNORE.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:18 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,757,425 times
This " friend " of yours is not even the same country as you. If you give her this amount of money you will never see it again. You will have no way of ever legally recovering it.

Your " friend " , the single mother with massive financial problems, etc. will never be able to come up with that sum of money to repay you. If you have the money to throw away ,then consider giving it to her with the expectation that she will disappear with it.

She is not a friend in any sense of the word. She's just using you. Loan her money once, she'll just ask for more. Also keep in mind that you can't buy friendship. Giving her money will not make her stay in touch with you and be concerned for things going on in your life.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:37 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,850 times
Do not answer her phone calls again. Or emails. Or anything else. The Bank of Zeurich is closed.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:19 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,228 times
If there is anything at all that your child needs or could benefit from using that money, it is wrong to give it to someone else- especially someone who isn't even a halfway decent friend. € 5000 is a lot of money to most people and it would be very foolish to give it to a person who hasn't been a real friend at all. I say "give" instead of "loan" because she will not return it. She couldn't even return your phone calls, and you think you can trust her with money? No, just no.

Last edited by Gfab1; 10-01-2014 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships