Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:11 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times

Advertisements

I'll let you know ahead of time that this prank involves fake snot, so if you find it disgusting, please stop reading HERE. ***Warning, gross subject matter***

I had my family over for one of my son's birthday parties. We had dinner and then when it was time to sing Happy Birthday. We did so and he blew out the candles. I went and got the knife to cut the cake and placed it on the table in the center next to the cake. I turned my head around and placed the fake snot in my nose but covered my nose and turned back to the table and said "On no, I have to sneeze, so I did the Ah Ah Ah Choo and let the snot dangle over the cake! My Grandmother was freaking out! Get away from the cake! I'd move my head a little so the snot would swing across the cake. That's disgusting! Get away from that cake! My Dad had his hanky and was yelling Take this! Wipe your nose! He was literally shoving his hanky so close to my face I thought he was going to wipe it for me! Between him and my Grandmother yelling at me, I had to tell the them the truth before one of them slapped me!

Everyone else knew it was fake and were laughing their butts off. My Mom was a Prankster from the time we were young kids and I was her apprentice. She was proud of me that day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 04:50 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,262 times
Depends on the prank and the person I am wanting to prank. If it is harmless fun, and I know that the worst I will have to worry about is a revenge prank, then sure, I prank away. If the person I wish to prank might not take the prank well, or if the prank is outright mean and nasty then no, no prank there, best to play it safe and skip the prank. Placing rubber rat in coworker's locker in the midst of ongoing prop surprise war? Fair game. Scaring my wife who cannot take a scare at all? No good, just leads to sleeping on the couch.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:40 AM

Default I totally agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
Depends on the prank and the person I am wanting to prank. If it is harmless fun, and I know that the worst I will have to worry about is a revenge prank, then sure, I prank away. If the person I wish to prank might not take the prank well, or if the prank is outright mean and nasty then no, no prank there, best to play it safe and skip the prank. Placing rubber rat in coworker's locker in the midst of ongoing prop surprise war? Fair game. Scaring my wife who cannot take a scare at all? No good, just leads to sleeping on the couch.
You are so right on about this and the phrase that I just learned from my other post about pranking your kids is "Knowing your Audience".

I have pranked one adult that I did not know well enough and she ripped me a new one and I deserved it. It taught me to not prank anyone that I'm not close to. She showed me that I was inconsiderate and she saw it as mean and I honestly didn't intend it to be, but I had to look at her side of the story and apologized to her for it. She taught me there are boundaries.

The fake rat. I bought one that's motion censored and the girl's in the office wanted to prank one of our co-workers. I told them I didn't want any part of it because she was in her 40's and I bought it to prank my son. They placed it under her desk close to where her feet would be and the tail would wiggle and rub up against her foot. She kept saying, I feel like there a bug on my foot every so often. She finally said what the hades is going on and pulled out her chair and looked under her desk and said OMG there's a rat in here! They told her it was fake and she started laughing. We all started laughing.
Another adult might not have taken it so well and I told her that I had no part in wanting to do that to her, but she was a trooper about it.

I would never do that to anyone that might have a heart attack from it. In fact, I only did it to my teenage son and that was the intention of me buying it before anyone chooses to educate me on my cruelty.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:11 AM

Just to set the record straight before I get bashed. (and I know this will happen)

I'm one of the most compassionate, empathetic, sympathetic, good-hearted, moral person my friends and family know because of what life has dealt me. I admit that I am cruel when it comes to bullying or non acceptance of people and unwillingness to see the other side of the story. If your opinion of me is that I'm a cruel person, please read my posting history and educate yourself on the type of person I am.

I quit watching America's Funniest Video's years ago when they started showing people getting hurt because I didn't find that amusing at all.

My Mother was a Prankster. I have yet to meet anyone in life that had a bigger heart, more compassion, love and understanding, and a demand of respect and that we follow the golden rule that I admire as much as I did her. Our home was filled with love and laughter.

Please don't assume that because we pull pranks, that we're mean people because you don't like pranks. You're all entitled to your opinion and I'll respect that.

If you come from a Prankster background and continue the traditions out of fun or just for good cleans laughs without hurting anyone, then you are an asset and a blessing in my eyes.

Thank you in advance for your great stories!

Old 04-17-2015, 06:26 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,814,509 times
My step father was always easy to prank.

I got a bunch of scratch off lottery tickets and slipped in one fake one. They work so much better when you have real ones that arent winners. Well he was jumping around and yelling and all excited when he thought he won 10k!!!

He was mad at me a long time for that one haha

Old 04-17-2015, 06:34 AM

Hahaha!

That's a good one! My sister pulled that one on her son and we were laughing so hard. He ended up laughing about it too and told her that payback's a biotch! I don't think he's gotten her back yet...

Thank you for sharing!

Old 04-17-2015, 06:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I hid this in my dad's office. It has different beeps that randomly happen with long stretches between, so it's hard to locate the source of the sound. My mom only found it by accident.
The ThinkGeek Annoy-a-tron | ThinkGeek

Last edited by JustJulia; 04-17-2015 at 07:08 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 07:37 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
This is where, I've learned through experience, that one must assess one's target lest the spirit of mirth lead you into unintended places.

I once found the perfect prop to prank DH. We have a cat door and, not only does it let cats in and out, but it lets neighborhood cats in and out. And sometimes it lets other unexpected and unwanted creatures in as well.

DH told me that he was sitting at the kitchen table having his morning coffee when suddenly one of the cats arched its back, and began to growl. He couldn't see what was bothering her until he stood up and then saw that under the table he was sitting at was a large raccoon. For those of you who are unfamiliar with them - in spite of how cute they are this is not a good thing.

Then, of course, all kinds of excitement ensued while he endeavored to maneuver the creature back outside.

A few month later, quite by accident, I bumped into an empty potato chip bag with a raccoon's tail taped inside of it so the tail stuck out of the opening. It looked for all the world like a young raccoon was inside the bag munching away.

The whole thing was animated by one of those battery run, off-center plastic balls that, when switched on, dances about in zig-zags and circles. When DH had sat down in the living room for the evening in the kitchen I opened a couple of low cupboard doors, turned the device on, then whooped and came running into the living room.

DH flew, cats scattered and I tried to keep from laughing as long as I could.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
Knowing your audience is essential like you said.

Me? I'm not fond of practical jokes at all. A little fake snot swinging over a cake isn't all that bad because it is quickly and easily stopped when people get upset.

My kids watch that Funniest Home Videos thing sometimes. I sit there telling them how everything really isn't funny at all.

Those fake lottery tickets? I find them cruel. You have a person, perhaps with financial worries you don't know about, suddenly believing they have a big chunk of money to solve these problems and then they learn it's fake.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:46 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Would love to find one of those things you put under the toilet seat where, when someone sat down, a voice would say "WATCH IT! I'M WORKING DOWN HERE!" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships