Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 02:34 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times

Advertisements

[quote=LostintheMatrix;37398541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The one that keeps you oblivious to reality. Which is the one I would consider keeps you lost in the Matrix....

had to laugh at this. My car is a Matrix. I seldom get lost in it tho'.

As for being oblivious to reality, I can only try to blame the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 03:30 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
I got tired of trying to have multiple usernames based on whatever site I'm on, such as GhettoGuerillaGorilla on The Gorillaz boards, it's too much work, and complicates things, I had used various names on Myspace, JasticBlaster, CynicalApathy, I wanted something global, I started to use -Sovereign monikers, like GhettoSovereign. Still too much, I thought of what I figure is a neat last name- Rhapsody, my real name syarts with a "J," so J.Rhapsody, or J. Rhapsody. I soon settled on a first name; Jax, my online persona was made. I wanted something that was an actual name.

I've had people ask if I'm from Florida- no, my first name comes from a certain bionic armed boxer. The name doesn't relate to much of me at all, it allows me to be found anywhere online, without actually workingback to me. When I was a kid, we were taught not to use your real name online, my name, my real name is unique, and I've only found one other person with my name online. I am also the only Jax Lazzo Rhapsody on the internet, besides an imposter I found on a blog, suggesting the author a front wheel drive car- somehing I would never do. I thought it was an awesome name, like an anime, or protagonisy would have.

Jax Lazzo Rhapsody, the rhapsodic laviathan, the blissed beast, stays behind tinted sunglasses, dressed dapper black, makinh swift attacks, the happy pessimist, rage incarnate, bokken swinging pacifist, beware the beast, do not want him, do not hark.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
When I first saw you post on CD, I thought to myself "I've heard that name before."..... So I googled it. Brought back memories of History 101 in college.

"YAZ" is the short form of my all time favorite baseball player, and also a pet cat that died about five years ago. I've kept the same user name since circa 1999, just in case I come across an old message board buddy. Don't know what it says about me, but it is easy to type.
Ha! I like Yaz. It reminds me of a very friendly, funny Dr Seuss character but I can't remember his exact name! Hmmmm....

Old 11-25-2014, 06:44 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Self-explanatory, I guess. However, it is a really beautiful place. Just going through harrrrd times. People should not take user names, at least mine, so seriously. It's not real life.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 1,798 times
Hi everybody!
Usernames, huh? Of course they should mean something personal, if that's important to you.
I chose the name peadog as a tribute to our sweet little Maltese, Peaches. Everyone called her my sister because we got her when I was 17 and we had her for 14 years. She died right when the internet was just getting going and I'd be sitting at the old desktop wishing I had my little peadog there to kick it with me. ( sniff sniff) So I am, and always will be peadog to people online. One site that I had to reregister on suggested the name peadog007 since I'd already taken plain old peadog and since I like to keep things on the low-low I kept it.
Its possible I just like to talk a lot. If that's the case, at least I have a somewhat interesting username story. Anyway, great thread topic for the curious peeps out there. Peace out all.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:20 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
I guess my user name is self-explanatory. Wire Fox Terriers are my favorite breed of dog!

About 15 years ago, I had one. I was going through some depressing times, but my dog refused to allow me to wallow in depression! Every day after work, he'd be there with a grin on his face, urging me to go outside and throw his rubber hamburger for him to run after and catch. I could throw that thing 50 times in a row and he would never get tired of it! He made me laugh, and it's hard to feel depressed when you are laughing!

Unfortunately, I had to give him up to a rescue; he had a seriously bad habit, chasing and biting the cats. I could never break him of that. One day he actually got one of the cats in his mouth and was trying to kill it. It was a horrific sight. I didn't know what to do, there was blood everywhere. I even tried to get a broomstick in his mouth to loosen his grip on the cat. That didn't work. Anyway, the cat went limp and I thought it was dead. The dog finally left the cat alone. He was covered in blood. I went outside to see to the cat, and lo and behold, the cat was gone! It came back a few hours later; no wounds on it. The blood was all the dog's!

So, after being dogless for seven years, I now have Cocker Spaniels. They did not bother the cats, but when my daughter moved out she took the cats with her, so now I have three Cockers and no cats!

I would like to get another Fox Terrier after the Cockers are done living their lives, but I might be too old by then.

Loved that dog so much!!!

Old 11-25-2014, 09:16 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Are you in Arizona?
No I am in MN, The North Star State. "Lodestar" was the nautical term for the North Star by which the sailors navigated.

That's a long stretch of healing you are doing. Nice that you have the computer to help out with the days.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:32 AM

266 posts, read 281,208 times
Really - I'm not that difficult. Named because of the years spent in Difficult, Tennessee. A very relaxed and calm area. Just a couple of miles from Defeated, TN.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:48 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
Not really that much of a super-exciting story behind my username, I'm afraid I chose it largely because when I was younger, I was all-into things about the Middle Ages (and still am!), and had always wished that if I had ben born in a different time and place, that I could have been a knight. Since the user name is kind of generic in itself, I had contemplated a few times about changing it, but so far, have ultimately decided to just leave it as-is. On some other forums, I also go by the name of my favorite fictional hero

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 11-25-2014 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Adds/Corrections

Old 11-25-2014, 10:58 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
I found City-data one of the times I was moving, and wish I would've found it a long time before that, just for relocation purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships