Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 04:26 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,329,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
This. I would rather see vacation pictures and see happy people then those who post how misarable their life is. Those I hide.
Bingo. I've taken more than one drama queen off my news feed because they gripe too much. To me, Facebook is for fun, not misery. And I'm wise enough to know that people who only post good things still have problems in their lives. They just choose to not advertise them to the world. If you understand and believe in that, there's really nothing to be jealous of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 04:29 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
What is wrong with the people on here? I enjoy seeing vacation pictures and the adventures of my friends. I like seeing pictures of their kids' first day at school. I like seeing when they get a new car or do a project on their house. Why? Because we are sharing each others lives together even if we are many many miles apart. Y'all need to put away your envy and try to be real friends.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
Vacation pictures don't bother me, but, imo FB is just one big brag fest, lol. We are retired, active, and sure we could be posting about going here and there, doing this, and that, but, for me, it just doesn't feel right. I rarely post ANYTHING. It IS amazing what some people do post about, lol, but, that is a whole other subject. Really, you are at your yearly GYN appointment. And, I need to know about that why????
Honestly, you are the type of Facebook friend who creeps me out a little. People who just look but never post or comment or acknowledge anything. Over time, I tend to weed those people off my friend list, as I'm there to actually interact with people, not be spied on.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What is wrong with the people on here? I enjoy seeing vacation pictures and the adventures of my friends. I like seeing pictures of their kids' first day at school. I like seeing when they get a new car or do a project on their house. Why? Because we are sharing each others lives together even if we are many many miles apart. Y'all need to put away your envy and try to be real friends.
I completely agree. Maybe we are tighter with our Friends list than others. I would only be bothered by vacation pictures if I genuinely wasn't interested in the person going on vacation. In that case, I'd probably take them off my Friend list for lack of interest.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:43 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Honestly, you are the type of Facebook friend who creeps me out a little. People who just look but never post or comment or acknowledge anything. Over time, I tend to weed those people off my friend list, as I'm there to actually interact with people, not be spied on.
I don't mind the lurkers.

I do tire of the people posting all those religious memes, diet drink sales, "inspirational" crap, political nonsense...

Old 01-16-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't mind the lurkers.

I do tire of the people posting all those religious memes, diet drink sales, "inspirational" crap, political nonsense...
Me too. And the "Share if you have the best son/daughter/husband/niece...." I'd much rather have someone personally brag about a friend or family member by having to actually write something, than folks who just click on pictures.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:46 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Yes, I'm jealous of my BFF's vacation in Mexico with her husband, that both she and I agreed they can't afford (and she's mad at hubby for booking it anyway).

But, she's posting pics constantly on facebook that shows the expensive place they're staying at, and the swimming pools and the expensive seafood, etc., etc. And most of her friends and family are suffering in snow and cold, and are too broke to even go out locally to have a seafood dinner.

So, I admit, it feels a bit like she's rubbing our noses in it.

The first few pics I "liked" them like her other friends and family did, but shouldn't there be a cut-off that's the socially accepted max beyond letting us know she's having a great time, and the line where she's rubbing our noses in the fact that she's on an expensive vacation - and we're not?

Thoughts?
Great advertisement for getting your house broken into.... friends of ours had that happen. Amusingly enough -- they DIDN'T learn from it! They still go away for the weekend and post away.

In all honesty -- I think it's sad her vacation is SO boring that she so much time on her hands to post away.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:58 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Wow, I posted this as a rant before going to bed last night, and never expected so much feedback! Everyone has good points. Thanks for sharing them.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:11 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,605,552 times
I'd much rather see them on Facebook. That way I can choose to skip over them or not, unlike watching the 300 + slides my cousin subjected me to once of his trek in Nepal, during which I fell asleep AND started snoring. Not sure how many huts, goats, and rocky trails a person can absorb.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
I like vacation photos to a point. Not one of my biggest FB complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships