Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:56 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,219,008 times

Advertisements

Married or single, I generally avoid that kind of thing at work-related functions, as I don't think it's professional. In social settings, I'm not a fan of greeting anyone but relatives or very close friends with a kiss on the cheek, regardless.

Heck, I don't think I kiss people on the cheek at all, come to think of it. An "A" hug--shoulder to shoulder--is about as far as I go. If anything, I'm paranoid about getting lipstick on them, and as mentioned in another thread somewhere on here, I'm not a fan of people putting their spit on my face. There's nothing worse than feeling that wet or lipsticky spot on your cheek when the air hits it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 11:16 AM

192 posts, read 205,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Again, you are obsessing over older women, period.
I do like older women, but that has nothing to do with my post you quotes. You should work on your reading comprehension.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:17 AM

192 posts, read 205,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Enjoy the attention it was harmless, but it excited you a bit, yes? Is that your concern? You had a physical reaction?

Again, I do not think they were hitting on me. I want to know if it means they find me attractive. That way, I will have confidence approaching single women.

Is this so hard for you people to understand?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:34 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,254,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Boy View Post
For reference: I am 25 and these women were early 30s.

I was at a work gala last night, and two married women kissed me on the cheek when they greeted me. It was only the second time I had met them ever. The second one, after kissing me turned her cheek to me to ask for a kiss for herself, too. They are both married, but only the first one's husband was there.
I don't think they want to hook up with me or anything, but what I'm wondering is: were they just being nice, or do they find me good looking?

I am social but I have low self confidence (I'm able to hide it well in person), I just overthink things a lot afterwards.
She want you bro...but be careful. Especially if the hubby owns guns.

SS

Old 02-16-2015, 11:41 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,219,008 times
Quote:
Again, I do not think they were hitting on me. I want to know if it means they find me attractive. That way, I will have confidence approaching single women.

If that's all it takes for you to have confidence approaching single women, then fine, these two married ones just couldn't help themselves and just HAD to kiss you, so utterly irresistible did they find you.

There. Now you should be confident to the point of being arrogant and can go forth and ask these silly questions no more. Sheesh!

Old 02-16-2015, 11:50 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,624,763 times
Quote:

You protest to much. The married ladies planted a kiss and you were .... effected. Now you wonder what that means. You got a little rise, and you wonder if they had some sort of reaction to you.

I never said they were hitting on you. They kissed your cheeks. Your physical reaction is normal.
Own the boner.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:21 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,661,274 times
Please don't feed his bloated ego. Read his past posts, they're all about how he supposedly has no self confidence yet every woman he encounters wants him. It's pure fantasy.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:32 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,798,928 times
Not only do I kiss cheeks, I twist nipples when I greet someone. I like to keep people on their toes.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:40 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,353,566 times
Okay, I answered this once but I didn't really answer it. Resounding NO. My guy wouldn't take well to me walking up and kissing another man on the cheek. That might sound bad but I love that big lug. He's mine and I want to keep him happy.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:40 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,624,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Not only do I kiss cheeks, I twist nipples when I greet someone. I like to keep people on their toes.
LOL
I look at their shoes first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships