Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 02:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,029 times

Advertisements

Why do jealous people do stupid things like this?i'm REALLY getting fed up of having fake friends like this?

First i'll make what i think is a good acquaintance.(it could be online or elsewhere)..they find out that i am good at something(take guitar for example)i;m GENUINELY supportive and RESPECTFUL of them.. ...then they do **** like this... they always try to match you up against someone....and more often than not have a comparison complex towards you...especially if the other person is in the same field.It's like the most idiotic thing ever...when they do something like that and seems so obvious and childish....anyway most of my life has been like this....i think i've found someone who is a friend or supportive...then it seems like the green eyed monster over petty things comes out...i've had to end many relationships,friendships.acquaintanships like this...because i can immediatly tell that it's going in that SOUR type of direction where no matter how much caring,support you give to the person....it just ends up with them being bitter....can anyone relate to this?how do you handle it?

Last edited by brant546; 04-28-2015 at 03:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 03:48 AM

576 posts, read 422,385 times
I have a friend a bit like that, hes quiet arogant/has some confidence issues whenever he perseves anyone including myself doing better then him at anything he tries to undermine them. The way I handle it is whenever he acts that way I treat him the exact same way and winds him up no end. Whenever he questions me on it I point out he does it all the time. Its kind of like a running joke between us at this stage. I wouldnt stop being friends with someone because they have flaws everyone has flaws.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,029 times
thanks for you experience and reply,,,appreciate it man...anyone else?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:38 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brant546 View Post

... they always try to match you up against someone....and more often than not have a comparison complex towards you...
What does this mean, exactly?

Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,059,415 times
Just another reason to have less friends.

The less friends, the easier life is. That's my motto anyway.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:12 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,890,797 times
I have trouble following the post with the lack of proper punctuation.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:58 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,905,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I have trouble following the post with the lack of proper punctuation.
You're just jealous.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:39 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
Sounds like high school drama.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:16 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,135,421 times
Quote:
Why do jealous people do stupid things like this?i'm REALLY getting fed up of having fake friends like this?

First i'll make what i think is a good acquaintance.(it could be online or elsewhere)..they find out that i am good at something(take guitar for example)i;m GENUINELY supportive and RESPECTFUL of them.. ...then they do **** like this... they always try to match you up against someone....and more often than not have a comparison complex towards you...especially if the other person is in the same field.It's like the most idiotic thing ever...when they do something like that and seems so obvious and childish....anyway most of my life has been like this....i think i've found someone who is a friend or supportive...then it seems like the green eyed monster over petty things comes out...i've had to end many relationships,friendships.acquaintanships like this...because i can immediatly tell that it's going in that SOUR type of direction where no matter how much caring,support you give to the person....it just ends up with them being bitter....can anyone relate to this?how do you handle it?
It's really hard to tell what you're saying. But people have problems. And finding a good friend is very tough. It's like tasting different foods and having to spit them out. What else could you do? You have to adapt. Once you find out that things are not going well, you adapt. You either accept them for what they are, expect it from them and react appropriately, don't take it close to heart. Or you dump them. Either way, it's about adjusting to curves life throws at you.

It's not easy. But no one said that life is easy. Maybe this will help you learn human nature. Maybe eventually you'll learn to recognize the signs sooner and make better judgements about who you should spend time with.

But the best thing to do: is to continue treating the new ones as though they are great. Many of us, having been burned by the experience, start to develop a bitter attitude towards the new people, assuming that they will turn out just the same. And it's not fair to the new people, or rather you won't give a good chance for this new relationship. So it's best to assume the best, but be aware of the fact that the same problem may be present and to notice the signs early, and adapt.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:29 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:

I don't understand- are they comparing you to THEMSELVES or OTHERS??

I compare meaningful people in my life to other people all the time. Like i might say, "hey, i bet you'd like my friend, he plays guitar really well too."

But if they are trying to compete w you then yes, that stinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships